70% factory tint + aftermarket tint

Dave6139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/ Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
im wondering whoever had their windows tinted took into to consideration that the windows were 70% factory tinted before making their decision on the aftermarket tint.

I was going to go with 20% huper optik all around and a 70% on the windshield but now finding out that they are all already 70% I'm thinking that might be too dark and I'm considering going to 30% all around and keeping the windshield as is.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave6139

Dave6139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On each window it says 70% it might be for certain models I'm not sure

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Are you sure it wasn't tinted by your dealer? I don't think any Civics come tinted from the factory.

EDIT: You are right - just checked mine and it says 70%. They do not look as if they have any tint at all (to me).

Last edited:

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Yes, you are right it says 70% visibility. Even I went to get my windows tint and the guy told me that my car windows are stock tinted a bit and then he told me to go lighter shade 35% for legal limit issues. Now I wonder is it actually tinted or not? :doh:

Here are some examples I found on internet, check it out and I think it is tinted. Also, I still have not done my car windows tinted yet and now I m thinking either to get it done on this weekend or not.....

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/tint-masters-ontario?select=Fv9_fweDg4bJsoYq_Fu96g

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/tint-masters-ontario?select=Re5K-Pq2Xo32lrdBzNFxvg

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/tint-masters-ontario?select=ffZXzniKUhPGenslR-V62g

Last edited:

OP
OP
Dave6139

Dave6139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks looks nice. I think I'm going to go with 30%.

Jamm_95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex, '94 Prelude Si, '88 Prelude Si
Vehicle Showcase
Haha I got 18% for the front and 5% limo for the rears on mine but I didn't get the chance to see if it had the factory 70 already.

eschino1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Rallye Red
Country flag
I got 13% in the 2 front windows and 6% solar gard HP in the rear windows.. I never noticed it was already factory tinted

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I have a question. You know how most states have restrictions on how dark tint can be? How is it that you see so many friggin' cars with darker tint than as is permitted by law? How do they pass inspection? Do they go to a particular inspection station that can be bribed or is simply careless or indifferent? I don't understand it . . . I am observing this in TX. I am pretty sure they don't take off tint, and pay hundreds of dollars to re-do tint, each year.

Mick
Sponsored