2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
decided to go with skunk2 shift knob...with the added weight shifting definitely feels smoother
Untitled.jpg
did you buy a new adaptor to connect the boot or figured out a way? looks really clean so i figured id ask ha. Also the rims on your car in your profile pic are so dope! what brand/model are they?
Sponsored

ATLATL

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
decided to go with skunk2 shift knob...with the added weight shifting definitely feels smoother
Untitled.jpg
Did you buy an adaptor or find another way to connect the boot? looks really clean so i figured id ask ha. Also what rims are those in you profile pic? they are so dope!

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Did you buy an adaptor or find another way to connect the boot? looks really clean so i figured id ask ha. Also what rims are those in you profile pic? they are so dope!
I have that same shift knob on my sport hatch. You can get the boot to attach back to it by getting the acuity shifter collar

Honda Civic 10th gen 6MT Shift knob replacement? 89491385-D3D9-4A53-9837-64BFD3725738

Fredwithanf

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just thought I’d share my experience to the conversation in case anyone is wanting to change the shift knob and might be confused about the shift boot/collar. The way I ended up installing mine, I didn’t need to buy a special boot retainer or take off any console pieces - all I needed was a M10 lock washer to use the stock boot and retainer.

Installation specifics have everything to do with the specific aftermarket shift knob you are using and how it attaches to the threaded shifter. For the knob I got, it came with a lock nut and the threaded nut inside the knob is recessed by about .5mm-1mm so (1) M10 lock washer did the trick. *Keep in mind, the stock shift knob is flush on the bottom so all you’re trying to do is to make the new shift knob flush on the bottom to have it snug up against the stock shift shift boot locknut.
  1. Pull down the shift boot by pinching the front and back. That will expose the stock lock nut.
  2. Use a 14mm wrench to loosen the nut a little and then unscrew the shift knob.
  3. Put an M10 lock washer on top of the stock lock nut and screw on the new shift knob. Thread the knob all the way on and then back it off a bit so the text aligns how you want. Bring the lock nut up to the knob and using a 14mm wrench, tighten the nut while holding the knob in position.
  4. Pull the boot back up and snap it into place.
Honda Civic 10th gen 6MT Shift knob replacement? D5AEF0CD-4003-492E-9B67-BA96D9ABB2F8
Honda Civic 10th gen 6MT Shift knob replacement? C2FF82F1-D447-407D-A52E-5DCBCF05DC84