6MT Shift knob replacement?

SavagePavich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX
Country flag
As the title says, I'm just looking to install a simple aftermarket knob. Unfortunately I have no idea how to go about it, or the thread type I should be looking for. I'm wondering if anyone here could help me out.
Sponsored

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
knob comes off by un-screwing it, after you pull the boot down. its held there by a tie wrap. to put it back on go from the back. its easier to remove the panel that holds the boot when putting back.

edit: i don't know what i'm talkin here. didn't realize it just snapped off. the boot that is

Last edited:

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Si and 2016 Civic LX Coupe (6spd)
Vehicle Showcase
lots of choices on ebay and if you do some research on either Honda/Acura models and find one you like..
I have one off a 05 Acura right now but I'm thinking of going with the 06 SI knob now..

View attachment 19000

Honda Civic 10th gen 6MT Shift knob replacement? Knob

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

OP
OP
SavagePavich

SavagePavich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe LX
Country flag
Thanks for the help guys, now I just need to figure out what style I'm going for :confused:

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
went with a different look..
this one is round and weighted.. I like the feel..
also changed out the top ring on the shift boot to a brushed aluminum (came with a red stitched boot that I didn't like)

Honda Civic 10th gen 6MT Shift knob replacement? Knob1024

Honda Civic 10th gen 6MT Shift knob replacement? Knob1024a

Joseph6356

Sonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Lx
went with a different look..
this one is round and weighted.. I like the feel..
also changed out the top ring on the shift boot to a brushed aluminum (came with a red stitched boot that I didn't like)

Knob1024.jpg

Knob1024a.jpg

Does the ring of the boot connect to your knob? Or is there anything available to connect it?

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does the ring of the boot connect to your knob? Or is there anything available to connect it?
doesn't connect.. I just measured how far down I wanted the boot to sit and wrapped some electrical tape around the shifter (before putting the boot back on of course

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone ever converted a non-threaded knob (they have rubber adapters, an allen wrench, and little screws) into a threaded one? I can't get the damn things to stay on, but the non-threaded ones are the only ones I like.

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone ever converted a non-threaded knob (they have rubber adapters, an allen wrench, and little screws) into a threaded one? I can't get the damn things to stay on, but the non-threaded ones are the only ones I like.
I didn't do it on this car but back in my college days I drilled a hold in a baseball, filled it about 1/4 way with hotglue and stuck it on the threads.. once it dried I was able to unscrew it.. (only pulled it off once though.. i doubt it would thread back on.. ) you could tap out the knob to a standard thread size and buy an insert (i saw some inserts on amazon when i was considering using a Subaru WRX knob on my CivicX)

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay.. I think I have my final answer.. it took me a few tries to get the look and feel I wanted but this one is perfect for me..

Honda Civic 10th gen 6MT Shift knob replacement? 1114shifter

KepwengSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Okay.. I think I have my final answer.. it took me a few tries to get the look and feel I wanted but this one is perfect for me..

1114shifter.png
hey bro how did you change your shift knob i was having a hard time to figure that out and where did you buy yours
Sponsored