6000 CTR for US this year?

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/motoring/new-honda-civic-type-r-10615939

"So far, the world has been delighted with the car that Kakinuma-san and his team have produced and the orders have come flooding in. Japan wants 2200, the USA - home of the muscle car - needs 6000 and Europe has ordered 3700 of which 2500 are for the UK."

Information should be correct since it was a Honda sponsored press drive.
Sponsored

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag

"So far, the world has been delighted with the car that Kakinuma-san and his team have produced and the orders have come flooding in. Japan wants 2200, the USA - home of the muscle car - needs 6000 and Europe has ordered 3700 of which 2500 are for the UK."

6000?! That seems way too high. If true they must be counting MY 2017 and 2018. This contradicts everything we have heard so far.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
6000?! That seems way too high. If true they must be counting MY 2017 and 2018. This contradicts everything we have heard so far.
I believe those numbers are all requests from different regions. Not sure if Honda will fulfill those order numbers. We can only guess.

OP
OP

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
its not like 6000 is a unbelievable number. Even the Niche Mazdaspeed Protege brought over nearly 5k in one year. Civic Type R is more of a well known brand and name, especially in this current internet information age with easy credit.

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag

Just doing math from what I've "heard." 2500 this MY17, and around 300 a month for MY18. = 6100. :dunno:

OP
OP

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
we'll see either way, I dont think there will be an issue to pick up one at msrp once the hype has died late summer.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
This might help the assembly line in the U.K, my local salesman told me, the reason they decided to make the CTR on their new Civic’s global platform was because the assembly line was just making only few models, not justifying enough the investment on the plant. As buyer / Owner definitely will decrease the future resale value of the car as future classic, it won’t be as hard to find as the ITR. But maybe a Mugen edition might come in the future, that would be awesome :thumbsup:

ShaneP865

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would worry about paying high ADM if they are going to be available at MSRP later on. Talk about taking a hit in depreciation.

WxWatch

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Civic Si, '88 Prelude Si (4WS)
https://www.expressandstar.com/news...-civic-type-rs-every-day-to-meet-high-demand/

David Hodgetts, managing director at Honda UK, told the Press Association: “There’s plenty of anticipation for the new Civic Type R, which largely comes off the back of the fact that the car it replaced was very well received and was built in small numbers.

“But the American market has really driven up demand because it’s not been available over there before. We’re looking at producing about 13,000 units between now and March 31, and we’re exporting about 6,000 of those to the States.”

OP
OP

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
https://www.expressandstar.com/news...-civic-type-rs-every-day-to-meet-high-demand/

David Hodgetts, managing director at Honda UK, told the Press Association: “There’s plenty of anticipation for the new Civic Type R, which largely comes off the back of the fact that the car it replaced was very well received and was built in small numbers.

“But the American market has really driven up demand because it’s not been available over there before. We’re looking at producing about 13,000 units between now and March 31, and we’re exporting about 6,000 of those to the States.”

yup 6000 of those coming by march... Paying ADM is dumb.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Finally some ammunition to use against dealers who think only several hundred are coming to the US.
Sponsored