iCECORE

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #27674
Country flag
In the manual it says the stock bulbs are 35w, but can it handle higher wattage bulbs? What's the max amount? Is it the same as the low and high beam lights?
Thanks.
Sponsored

auripod

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q8
You need to look at the manufacturer's declared power indicated on the packaging of the LED lamp you purchased. The design of an LED lamp can be designed to focus the light in a certain direction. Incandescent lamps and fluorescent sources often require an external reflector to collect light and direct it in an easy-to-use way. This property is useful when developing, for example, fog lights. They easily break through the fog, indicating the exact path. This is very convenient and increases security.

Last edited:

roma_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I don't have experience with high wattage bulbs on this car but,

1. Usually a LED bulb will have a lower power consumption than a halogen (even though advertising will often state a high number)
for example I put LEDs in my fogs - the title on Amazon says 60W! but reading the description they are a pair of 30w bulbs. (I believe the real world numbers are even lower)
2. A LED bulb that truly draws 35w should be more than enough for a fog light with being too much light (possibly causing glare at that point)
I'll attach a pic of my fogs with left being stock halogen and right is the "30w" LED bulb (plus the LED bulb is 3000k which reduces the output slightly as well.
"

Honda Civic 10th gen 55w LED Fog Light Bulb in FK8 Ok? 52168666100_af98d285f7_z

BTW here are the bulbs I bought Amazon H11 LED 3000K
Sponsored

Last edited: