Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
So overall the car has been great. There are a few things I have noticed. Wondering if it's worth bringing to the attention of the dealership when I go in for my first free oil change. These have both just started in the last 1,000ish miles.

1) When I turn the steering wheel at a stop - all the way - left or right, I can hear a creaking noise.

2) I used to be able to hit 18psi. Now I am lucky to see 16 tops. Usually around 14-15. I have noticed when I go into boost I hear a hissing noise. Does anyone else notice this? I am wondering if my BPV is loose or leaking.

Anyone else experiences this? Thanks :)
As for problem number one I myself had that issue and a few other members on this forum. The sound is coming from the center of the steering wheel (horn, airbag area). Its a faulty airbag mechanism, it isnt dangerous and the airbag will still work as intended if a crash does happen, but its annoying I know. The dealership will have to replace the entire airbag component as a whole, still a chance it could come back down the line though as they will be replacing it with the same exact replica.

As for problem number two I have no idea sorry.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
If the car is stationary, I don’t think turning the steering is a good idea in the first place. Only turn when car is in motion. Alignment issues etc. But I have not heard any noise while turning the wheel while driving. As for #2 I don’t hear a hissing, but then I have only 4,000 miles so far

ycehcky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Newer turbo cars are tuned to have power targets. They are torque limited, so it will only produce the amount of boost needed for that power target. Same power depending on many variables. It is like this for many reasons including consistency. More and more cars are turbocharged, and the general market wants smoothness. I hope I explained that okay.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
So overall the car has been great. There are a few things I have noticed. Wondering if it's worth bringing to the attention of the dealership when I go in for my first free oil change. These have both just started in the last 1,000ish miles.

1) When I turn the steering wheel at a stop - all the way - left or right, I can hear a creaking noise.

Anyone else experiences this? Thanks :)
I remember reading something about this connected with a Recall.
Something to do with a bad part in the electric power steering.

If this is the case, the bad batch of parts have hopefully been identified, and any replacement part should be a good one.

I also seem to recall that there was something about it being bad if it does break !!

Unfortunately, I now cannot find that reference, so do your own research.

As for having your Dealer "Fix" it under warranty, Free Oil Change, (Free scratchy car wash), and whatever else they can mess up .. that is 100% up to you. :dunno:

On the subject of CAR WASH ... I would strongly recommend that you make sure the "Service Manager" at the Dealership is made very clearly aware that you DO NOT want and Car wash or Detailing done by the Dealership.
Typically, Dealership employ unskilled, min-wage contractor to do these tasks, and you get what you pay far -- or a lot worse.
The Showroom might look very clean and Smart, but the detailing area is typically somewhere where you would NOT want you to see what goes on.
Sponsored