3rd new dead battery in 3 weeks

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic EXT, audi Turbo,Jeep Cherokee Limited,09 civic exl, One bad ass Jeep Rubicon, Repsol 1000RR and a few Harleys
on my 3rd battery, car is brand new (ext),, I'm so tired of this crap!!! In the shop again to find some sort of drain!!! If the car sits for more than 2 days its 100% drained!
Sponsored

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Do you use bluetooth? That has been in the news lately...

OP
OP
Gwjvw

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic EXT, audi Turbo,Jeep Cherokee Limited,09 civic exl, One bad ass Jeep Rubicon, Repsol 1000RR and a few Harleys
I have used it once or twice while I'm driving? I normally use just sxm

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Did you install ANY accessories?

You have something called a parasitic draw/drain, where something is drawing current in very small amounts when it shouldn't.

FWIW, I left my civic parked for 3 weeks and it started fine when I got back. Definitely get that fixed, and push for a replacement battery. Running down the battery to empty reduces its lifespan.

OP
OP
Gwjvw

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was on my 3rd Brand new battery, just a rear wing! The drain isn't from me.

OP
OP
Gwjvw

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing!! One day I plan on buying a wireless phone charger!

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Then it's the dealer's problem to deal with unfortunately.

My guess as to what they would do is start removing fuses strategically to pinpoint what is causing the draw...and that's gonna take some time.

Good luck! Let us know what it was once you get it fixed.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
on my 3rd battery, car is brand new (ext),, I'm so tired of this crap!!! In the shop again to find some sort of drain!!! If the car sits for more than 2 days its 100% drained!
In the shop a 4th time for the same problem? When does the lemon law come into effect in CA?

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
In the shop a 4th time for the same problem? When does the lemon law come into effect in CA?
It depends on the problem & the interpretation of the problem by the court. From the CA AG's office:

"The "Lemon Law" applies to these problems if they arise during the first 18 months after the consumer received delivery of the vehicle or within the first 18,000 miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first. During the first 18 months or 18,000 miles, the "Lemon Law" presumes that a manufacturer has had a reasonable number of attempts to repair the vehicle if either (1) the same problem results in a condition that is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury if the vehicle is driven and the problem has been subject to repair two or more times by the manufacturer or its agents, and the buyer or lessee has at least once directly notified the manufacturer of the need for the repair of the problem as provided in the warranty or owner's manual or (2) the same problem has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer or its agents and the buyer has at least once directly notified the manufacturer of the need for the repair of the problem as provided in the warranty or owner's manual or (3) the vehicle is out of service because of the repair of any number of problems by the manufacturer or its agents for a cumulative total of more than 30 days since delivery of the vehicle."

Source: https://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/cars

OP
OP
Gwjvw

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the problem is the stereo factory Amp! Its really hard to get they said,, they will have my car for 3 to 4 weeks! Gave me a mustang turbo lol, but my poor car is going to be sitting out in the sun everyday! My car is always in the garage :-/ lol

BoringOhio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Gwjvw, can you post any more info on what they said the problem was with the amp? I just went through this same issue with my Touring and they claimed the amp had been damaged in an accident that hit the passenger side door. They said it had discoloration that "looked like water damage". It's interesting that someone else had the exact same problem without any supposed water damage...

Also, for what it's worth, they ordered a new amp for my car and received it in a day or so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gwjvw

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They just said its draining my battery when the car is off! And they take along time to get lol.. I will call tomm and find out whats up! He did say they will remove it and send it to the factory. Which they will prolly just shit can it.

fcooley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Well the problem is the stereo factory Amp! Its really hard to get they said,, they will have my car for 3 to 4 weeks! Gave me a mustang turbo lol, but my poor car is going to be sitting out in the sun everyday! My car is always in the garage :-/ lol
Had the exact same problem. Had 3 dead batteries as well. After having the amp replaced 3 weeks ago, all has been well. Good luck!

OP
OP
Gwjvw

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you tint your windshield?
Sponsored