3D Printed Cargo Hook

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I've remixed Boneloc's design (found http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:868150) to work for our Civic. More pictures of the final printed design to come once I get more material.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1331111

Check out makexyz.com if you want one of these but don't have a 3D printer. Make XYZ allows you to connect with locals that are willing to sell printer time. Simply upload a model and choose a local printer to get started. The rough price estimate given is $34, though this could change depending on who you choose.

::OLD::

I'm still finalizing the design to fit perfect, but here's what I've got so far!

Honda Civic 10th gen 3D Printed Cargo Hook IMG_20160208_084245 Honda Civic 10th gen 3D Printed Cargo Hook IMG_20160208_084810

The fit is still a bit too tight and it moves around too easily. Once I have something finished I'll share it for you guys. Unfortunately I think I'm out of printing material so I can't make any new prints.

Honda Civic 10th gen 3D Printed Cargo Hook IMG_20160208_084815

Last edited:
OP
OP

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
In case anyone is watching this thread here's an updated look at the model. With this one I've actually taken measurements and took out the curve since the opening in our trunks are mostly flat. I'll be printing a new model tonight, though I only have green plastic left.

Honda Civic 10th gen 3D Printed Cargo Hook Untitled

OP
OP

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Here's a couple of photos from the updated model. It fits much better, less bending on the clips and a more wide fit keep this pretty snug. Last thing to do is round some corners since the cutout has rounded edges.

Honda Civic 10th gen 3D Printed Cargo Hook IMG_20160209_083812

Attachments

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
That's pretty cool! How long does it take to print that?

OP
OP

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
That's pretty cool! How long does it take to print that?
At my settings with this particular filament it takes about 4 hours. This could be increased or decreased based on different variables.

Here's a look at what should be the final design! It's properly sized, has slightly rounded curves, and the Civic X logo! (The logo took me hours to figure out, finally nailed it though)

Honda Civic 10th gen 3D Printed Cargo Hook Untitled2

msalama91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring
At my settings with this particular filament it takes about 4 hours. This could be increased or decreased based on different variables.

Here's a look at what should be the final design! It's properly sized, has slightly rounded curves, and the Civic X logo! (The logo took me hours to figure out, finally nailed it though)

Untitled2.png
Very nice! Looks great
What material are you using?

Are you interested in sharing the design/settings?
Thanks!

OP
OP

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Very nice! Looks great
What material are you using?

Are you interested in sharing the design/settings?
Thanks!
I'm printing with PET+, a somewhat unique material that overall I prefer to print with.

I was actually in the middle of uploading my design to Thingiverse when my home internet died. Unfortunately if it doesn't come back on it's own I will have to wait until later tonight before I can finish uploading it.

::EDIT::
Already back up! I've updated the OP with a link.

Last edited:

msalama91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring
I'm printing with PET+, a somewhat unique material that overall I prefer to print with.

I was actually in the middle of uploading my design to Thingiverse when my home internet died. Unfortunately if it doesn't come back on it's own I will have to wait until later tonight before I can finish uploading it.

::EDIT::
Already back up! I've updated the OP with a link.
Wow. Thanks a lot!

clv1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Just curious, how much does it cost you to make one? Would you be willing to sell?

OP
OP

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Just curious, how much does it cost you to make one? Would you be willing to sell?
I would be willing to make some for forums members. If anybody wanted 2 hooks they could just buy the material from here: http://shop.madesolid.com/pages/pet-filament (PET+ your color choice, Size 3.00mm) and cover the shipping costs to send the hooks to you.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
True, OEM hooks are super-easy to install and cheap to come by, but still, I love the creativity here.

OP
OP

Menissalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
True, OEM hooks are super-easy to install and cheap to come by, but still, I love the creativity here.
Super easy to install only if you have a river nut tool. It also only holds about 6.5 pounds, this should easily accept more. It's not as elegant but it's unique and tool-less.

Is a "1 lbs spool" of 3.00mm enough to make 2 hooks?
Yes it is.
Sponsored