amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
But what do I know? It's just a civic anyway. ;)
You may have just got your self in a lot of trouble writing that line ;)
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Did you rebuild the 1.5? That's impressive out of such a small motor. In a car that light you'd be able to surprise a lot of people.
It was fun till boom haha. I'm rebuilding it now. Well not so much a rebuild as a whole new motor. Search meth injection, on this site, you'll find me.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You may have just got your self in a lot of trouble writing that line ;)
All in good fun. I usually throw that line out whenever people are surprised from this thing, the reactions are pretty priceless from the typical bolt on WRXers, haha

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
All in good fun. I usually throw that line out whenever people are surprised from this thing, the reactions are pretty priceless from the typical bolt on WRXers, haha
You've taken on bolt-on wrx's with tsp stage 1? What are the results of that?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You've taken on bolt-on wrx's with tsp stage 1? What are the results of that?
Typically I'm on their tail the whole time in the canyons, and they start to slightly inch away in the straights on the up climb but at that point heat soak on my end has set in with knock hovering around 69-70%. (This was during socal hotter weather at night). I would assume better results once the cooler air has set in. I can't comment on freeway pulls since I haven't really done that vs one. I also can't comment on down hill since I don't have the confidence as I do vs doing uphill.

I ordered a GoPro 7 hero black this morning. I'll start uploading footage once I receive it. :)

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Typically I'm on their tail the whole time in the canyons, and they start to slightly inch away in the straights on the up climb but at that point heat soak on my end has set in with knock hovering around 69-70%. (This was during socal hotter weather at night). I would assume better results once the cooler air has set in. I can't comment on freeway pulls since I haven't really done that vs one. I also can't comment on down hill since I don't have the confidence as I do vs doing uphill.

I ordered a GoPro 7 hero black this morning. I'll start uploading footage once I receive it. :)
If you are going to invest in any upgrade, do a Performance Intercooler. On my Si (sold now), on days when the temp was in the 90's or 100's, my IAT's would be around 140 F but on the cool side it would be 109 to 115 degrees...basically no heat soak at all

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you are going to invest in any upgrade, do a Performance Intercooler. On my Si (sold now), on days when the temp was in the 90's or 100's, my IAT's would be around 140 F but on the cool side it would be 109 to 115 degrees...basically no heat soak at all
Yeah for sure. I think a better intake would help as well since I feel the metal piping on this K&N is worse than the plastic one I had on my 2016.

Last night's solo run my IAT was around 90-100, and 70ish after intercooler, outside temp in the 55-60 range.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah for sure. I think a better intake would help as well since I feel the metal piping on this K&N is worse than the plastic one I had on my 2016.

Last night's solo run my IAT was around 90-100, and 70ish after intercooler, outside temp in the 55-60 range.
Here are some IAT's driving on a warm day. As you can see, with the Mishimoto Performance Intercooler, the charged air on the cool side stayed pretty consistent

Honda Civic 10th gen 350WHP IAT's.JPG

OP
OP

Szn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
If the idea is, "I want a 360 WHP Civic. A Civic is the only car I want. I haven't bought one yet. Is buying a brand new Si the best Civic to do this with? I'm going all-in as soon as I get it to make it get there and want it to stay as good and reliable of a car as it can be while being effective at putting said power to the ground and retaining as much value as possible for what I put in it.".
That isn't the idea though Charles. I simply asked the community if 340-50 was reasonable? Not reasonable? Ok. What is? I can scale those numbers back or do whats needed. I never said I was building it right off the lot. Come to think of it, I never said anything that you mentioned. Did you even read the post? Ur just throwing shade at this point with a post like that c'mon.

OP
OP

Szn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
I'm at 309 whp and 312 wtq, 43000 miles, started tuneing it at 600 miles and mines a base model with weaker rods. In my opinion you will be just fine. If you are really worried about it have your tuner be a little softer with the low end torque.

I have seen quite a few SIs with the mods you mentioned on the 10th gen Facebook page. Might be better to ask for opinions there. I think there is a Si Facebook page as well might be worth checking out.
What are your mods?

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
What are your mods?
27WON turbo
-PRL cold air intake race maf
-PRL intercooler
-PRL catless downpipe
-PLM front pipe (I don't recommend this with the PRL downpipe)
-Modified type r exhaust (removed the 2 inch restriction where it connects to the frontpipe)
-Vit-tuned flex fuel kit
-PTP turbo blanket
-Ktuner v2
-Custom tune from Derek Robinson
-92 octane with 37-38% ethanol
-FX350 with stock flywheel

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
27WON turbo
-PRL cold air intake race maf
-PRL intercooler
-PRL catless downpipe
-PLM front pipe (I don't recommend this with the PRL downpipe)
-Modified type r exhaust (removed the 2 inch restriction where it connects to the frontpipe)
-Vit-tuned flex fuel kit
-PTP turbo blanket
-Ktuner v2
-Custom tune from Derek Robinson
-92 octane with 37-38% ethanol
-FX350 with stock flywheel

Im guessing you had Derek scale the tune down to some extent for reliability purposes considering those mods allow for much more HP?

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
Im guessing you had Derek scale the tune down to some extent for reliability purposes considering those mods allow for much more HP?
No. That's about how much you can make with a base model. The fuel system is maxed out. The Si with the same mods will make about 30 more hp and torque

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That isn't the idea though Charles. I simply asked the community if 340-50 was reasonable? Not reasonable? Ok. What is? I can scale those numbers back or do whats needed. I never said I was building it right off the lot. Come to think of it, I never said anything that you mentioned. Did you even read the post? Ur just throwing shade at this point with a post like that c'mon.
I apologize if I pulled out my...

Honda Civic 10th gen 350WHP s-l400

...I took you hadn't bought the car yet.. wanting over CTR power levels and it's attainability and took it as you, well... intending on buying a car you already knew you were targeting that as a goal. The wrong car, IMO... given the scenerio. Whatever you pick... enjoy and good luck.
Sponsored