Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
This kid needs to eat rather than spending ALL his money on SI mods!!!:doh::popcorn:
nah dude. as a dude pushing 40 myself i can tell you its so much better being thinner then getting to middle age and stacking on the pounds because the fuckin metabolism has slowed down. i was that kids weight until my mid 20s then got to be over 200 lbs by mybearly 30s...and its sooo fucking hard to lose the weight once you gained it.

so to the guy who blew his engine, enjoy being thin while it lasts and hopefully youll be one of the lucky ppl who stay thin even through middle age
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Love the posts here....I can tell you first hand that those 1.5 little rippers can take a beating....But!!!! :flame::flame::flame::flame:That's why it's a little 1.5 for a reason...buy a Type R and save the headaches and costs!!!
Can go buy a new Mustang GT for under $40k and be done with it. Like the Type R idea but really do not like the hatch body. Coupe is my choice.

smikels

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you really want hp under 40k.

2019 FORD MUSTANG | PICK YOUR POWER FOR $39,995 (Lebanon Ford Performance in Ohio)

• ROUSH R2650 SUPERCHARGER
• 700HP
• 3YR/36,000MI WARRANTY INCLUDED
• 50-STATE LEGAL

•STAGE II INTERCOOLED SYSTEM W/ P1X HEAD UNIT
• 750HP
• 3YR/36,000MI WARRANTY OPTIONAL
• 50-STATE LEGAL

•WHIPPLE 3.0L TWIN SCREW SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM
• 800HP
• 3YR/36,000MI WARRANTY OPTIONAL
• 50-STATE LEGAL

•COMPLETE KIT WITH EDELBROCK STOCK CALIBRATION
• 750HP
• 3YR/36,000MI WARRANTY INCLUDED
• 50-STATE LEGAL

OP
OP

Szn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
Can go buy a new Mustang GT for under $40k and be done with it. Like the Type R idea but really do not like the hatch body. Coupe is my choice.
If you really want hp under 40k.

2019 FORD MUSTANG
Posted this a few pages back
I've been researching high and low and always come back to the civic. If I were looking for straight power off the line I would grab a v8. It's something about practicality of the Si that keeps bringing me back. You really can't beat it for the price. And I'm pretty sure it would cause some sort of shift in the earths magnetic field if it were pushing 340-350

C'mon guys, just getting a V8 and being done is too easy.. Practicality goes out the window, not to mention a price difference of 15k+ for the new GT.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm about 15k in rn :thumbsdown: Still don't have v8 power or reliability.

Granted I'm having fun. But it's cheaper and easier to buy the power you want, right off the lot.

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
"built not bought" is the best option for pride and the wallet since labor gets expensive fast. But unless you have the time and extremely good luck to avoid mistakes or bad parts, there is a strong argument for buying what you want in the first place.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
There is no replacement for displacement. You will either have to build your engine up to par so it can withstand the additional psi/torque and stress, or your experiment with power will be short lived and end in tragedy

OP
OP

Szn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
Country flag
Preciate the sensible replies. IIRC the rods are the weak point, and I could technically just throw in forged rods for around $500 diy?

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
Preciate the sensible replies. IIRC the rods are the weak point, and I could technically just throw in forged rods for around $500 diy?
Sorry bro, but I think it would be closer to $2000 doing the work yourself. That's assuming you have the tools to get the motor out, brake it down and then put it back together correctly.

If you have never rebuilt a motor before I recommend getting someone to help you that has done it before or pay someone to do it.

Last edited:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
If you go through the process of taking the motor out and breaking it down. You might as well upgrade all you can, in it.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
You should step back and think about this for a minute. You're going to go thru the process of buying a brand new car (haggling with the dealer, looking for the right color etc), go thru financing, probably pay $24K to $25K excluding tax, license and interest, tear the engine apart spending anywhere from $5 to $10K in upgrading the internals, blowing away any and all warranties to achieve 350 whp. If for some reason your engine experiences problems due to any reasons or blows up, not only are you out the $5 to $10K you put in it, but you are now still making car payments for the next 5 years. Unless you are a complete enthusiast knowing what you are getting into, and this is not your primary daily driver, I have to say that this does not compute

simonjr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI 2002 Honda CRV Ex 5spd
Country flag
You should step back and think about this for a minute. You're going to go thru the process of buying a brand new car (haggling with the dealer, looking for the right color etc), go thru financing, probably pay $24K to $25K excluding tax, license and interest, tear the engine apart spending anywhere from $5 to $10K in upgrading the internals, blowing away any and all warranties to achieve 350 whp. If for some reason your engine experiences problems due to any reasons or blows up, not only are you out the $5 to $10K you put in it, but you are now still making car payments for the next 5 years. Unless you are a complete enthusiast knowing what you are getting into, and this is not your primary daily driver, I have to say that this does not compute
Could not agree more. Money could be better invested elsewhere if the goal is straight line performance. Imo high horsepower fwd cars are pointless unless it can actually put the power down. If op is hell bent on a 10th gen fbo and ethanol should put you close to 300whp.
Sponsored