Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
So I just heard back from the dealership--apparently the car was driven from a major auto show in the city back to the dealership by the general sales manager. The mileage actually lines up pretty precisely with that explanation.

I'm going to try and find out if it was purely on display, or if people were allowed into/out of it. I'm buying long distance, but I have friends in the city that it's located in, so I'll have them check it out for a visual inspection. I'm less worried about mechanical abuse based on their explanation though.
Y’all are being a little ridiculous with this stuff. Unless there’s anything physically worn/broken there’s no reason to not buy the car. Even if there was the dealer would have to fix it, then it’s brand new again. 35 miles is nothing to be concerned about.

If it’s the color you want and they’re doing msrp, just buy it...maybe if you’re lucky they’ll knoc like $200 off for you to get it cleaned...

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
What was wrong with your transmission?

Wont go into 2nd from 3rd! feels like there is a lock out or something. Its getting taken care of by Honda so thats good!!

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Wont go into 2nd from 3rd! feels like there is a lock out or something. Its getting taken care of by Honda so thats good!!
Glad it worked out for you and they're giving you a new transmission. That one is an undeniable problem.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
You’re asking for the right reasons. I wouldn’t buy it. Nobody drove those 35 miles like a grandma. Have you not seen how dealer drive automatic accords, let alone a CTR. Also, auto show car? I would stay away from it. Patience pays.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
It all depends, if your buying the car from show room and it has that many miles, so be it. If you ordered it and specifically said do not drive it. Then i would be upset. Just talked to a ford dealer today they had a fully loaded gt350R at 81k that was ordered for a guy. The guy backed out because there was 23 miles on odometer. I asked the sales men well did he ask you not to drive it and yall did anyway? He said yes, i said well then i dont blame him.

JDMJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR #26226
Country flag
Mine had 19 miles on it. Wouldn’t have cared if it had 60 tbh. I asked if anyone test drove it, they said they require a credit check to let people even test drive it and that no one had. I didn’t even ask about the 19 miles that were on it cause it drove beautifully and I honestly didn’t care lol..

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
There is certainly a wide variety of ways folks would have handled this in your shoes based on the feedback. It definitely comes down to personal preference. When I bought my CTR, the dealership tried to sell me the identical color but with 50 miles on odometer that the GM personally told me he test drove. The incentive was a paint protection package if I bought that one over the one I had my eye on the entire time, which had 8 miles. My counter proposal was $1000 off MSRP and I would take it, which he laughed and walked away, and I proceeded to sign paperwork for the 8 mile CTR at MSRP.

In my experience, I don't trust any employee of any position at a dealer to drive my car. They are generally careless and know they can beat on it while they can because, like most folks have said, it's under warranty and probably wouldn't be damaging anyway.

If I were in your shoes, I'd pass, but it's definitely a personal preference so no shame either way mate

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Mine had 7. I assume it wasn't tested, but engines are broken in at the plant. A lot of why you take it easy on a car when it's new is to let all of the components marry up to one another and make sure nothing is horribly wrong from assembly.

I wouldn't worry about 35 miles if the car looks good and the price is good.

You may want to take the salesman for a ride after you drive it to make sure it rides smoothly (e.g., bent rims).
Sponsored