35 miles on new 2019?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Mine had 14 which is more than some people's but I more than tripled that on the first day. almost 13k miles later, no problems.

Honestly in the grand scheme of things, it's not much. If something was damaged, you've got the warranty to fall back on.
Sponsored

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Mine had 7 miles. Off the truck and into the showrrom. Didn't have a full tank of gas when I took delivery (dealer put in gas after the papers were signed).

Last edited:

wili

First Name
Vili
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
35 mile car is a new car and you should not be afraid of some rough test driving or bedding in procedures. Just so you know... when they produce a new car, the first thing what it does is going on small test track next to the factory and yes, one of the things what they do is to floor it and test max rpm and such a things and punish it a little bit to know everything is alright, and the engine is brand new, no easydriving procedures etc these days... as manufacturing tolerances are extremely small in a modern car industry, thats also the reason why they use such a thin oils as 0W-20 and such (not only because of fuel economy)

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
There were a couple of dealerships that had sales people that told me they test drove the Type R themselves. One guy told me how well it pulled in 3rd gear on the freeway. I crossed that dealership off the list.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
there is a video on you tube that shows they test drive each and every R around a track. but even then with loading and unloading the R to the boats getting it to the dealer and so on the cars I have seen average about 8 to 10 miles. now I was very upfront and blunt that no one drives the car before i pick it up. I got there and the car had 27 miles on it. I was pissed. i questioned then on it and you could tell from their faces they were straight up lairs about driving the car. But at the end of the day do you want the car or not? it is not like they are just siting on every street corner. I bought mine anyway but i left a nasty review online about it. the cars been test driven you can expect its been drivin hard. one is gonna est drive this car and NOT get on the gas or red line it. gonna just just have to live with it if you want the car.

plus dealers are straight up lairs and there is in reality nothing much you can do about it. I took my R in or a noise. I told them it does not need to be driven to hear the noise. do not drive the car. ill point the noise out to the tech which should even need to be done as the intake guy could hear it. needless to say I get back and sure as shit they drove the car for 3 miles. I was pissed . talked to manager but got no where. its not like they can undrive it or take the miles or abuse off the car at that point. I mean what really can be done? its just pointless arguing and they wont do anything anyway except make fun of you after you leave or be even more shitty to your can next time its in.

Bottom line if you want it buy it. might not get another chance.

PAX CTR

Just another CW CTR
First Name
Pax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '02 EP3, '89 EF7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought mine with 52 miles on it. It now has a little over 900 miles. Drives fine, no issues, no complaints. If you're really nit-picky, take your time and find something you're comfortable with, otherwise I say go for it. Join the club and enjoy what it feels like to own/drive a modern R.

OP
OP

niknatar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 1999 Mazda Miata
Country flag
So I just heard back from the dealership--apparently the car was driven from a major auto show in the city back to the dealership by the general sales manager. The mileage actually lines up pretty precisely with that explanation.

I'm going to try and find out if it was purely on display, or if people were allowed into/out of it. I'm buying long distance, but I have friends in the city that it's located in, so I'll have them check it out for a visual inspection. I'm less worried about mechanical abuse based on their explanation though.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
When my hatch got stolen and I needed a car for work, Honda had just made the model change to the 2006 year. The local dealership only had one manual EX in the color I wanted and it was the car that everyone test drove if they wanted a manual car. I bought it with 70 or 80 miles on it and drove it until I traded it in with 69k miles on it for my 2009 Si. I had no issues but it all comes down to what YOU are going to be happy with. You are paying a lot of money for a CTR, so only do it if you are comfortable with it. If you want to go somewhere else and find one with lower miles to give you peace of mind, then do it. Now that I have a CTR, I won't valet the car and when I go in to get my first oil change, I will make sure the car never leaves my sight. There is no reason to drive a car for an oil change.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
So I just heard back from the dealership--apparently the car was driven from a major auto show in the city back to the dealership by the general sales manager. The mileage actually lines up pretty precisely with that explanation.

I'm going to try and find out if it was purely on display, or if people were allowed into/out of it. I'm buying long distance, but I have friends in the city that it's located in, so I'll have them check it out for a visual inspection. I'm less worried about mechanical abuse based on their explanation though.
Unless the car was roped off or locked, I personally wouldn't buy it unless they gave me a good discount. No telling how many people got in and out of the car.

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
Hey man I think you will be fine! Look at it this way! I just bought my CTR saturday, it had 8 miles on it. Its getting a new tranz put in it this week! It has a warranty for a reason ;)

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
You'll be fine, all these people freaking out about 36 miles pshhh. Unless they repeatedly launched it 1000x for those 36 miles and drove over curbs you have nothing to worry about.

OP
OP

niknatar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 1999 Mazda Miata
Country flag

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's your 40k..plenty of dealers with type-R will love to take your money..get one with the plastic stuff still on it

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
35 miles? Cmon man it’s not a Ferrari it’s a Civic.

driv300mph

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey CTR (#22412 of ???), 2011 Lotus Exige S260 (#19 of 30)
Country flag
Hey man I think you will be fine! Look at it this way! I just bought my CTR saturday, it had 8 miles on it. Its getting a new tranz put in it this week! It has a warranty for a reason ;)
What was wrong with your transmission?
Sponsored