Wxguru

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring x2
Country flag
So how strong is the stock hatchback sport engine? Can it handle high boost/power? This is my dd and will need to last me quite a few years lol!
I think the question really is how strong is the CVT and how much boost/power can IT handle. The 1.5T engine is a good engine and can handle upgrades. The SI is proof of that.
Sponsored

eha1988

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the question really is how strong is the CVT and how much boost/power can IT handle. The 1.5T engine is a good engine and can handle upgrades. The SI is proof of that.
I have a 6MT I'm just looking for a little more oomph, power close to the CTR. I do know that the clutch will need to be upgraded for sure, just wanted to know how the engine would handle high boost and close to 300hp/300tq.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have numbers for the Non Si with and without E85?
I have a graph at my desk from when we did some testing on our HBS without E85. It was 292hp and 307 TQ on 91 mixed with some VP100 so probably like a 95ish octane. I'll snag a pic later. All in all the non-si numbers should be pretty much identical to what you see on the SI with matching mods.
So how strong is the stock hatchback sport engine? Can it handle high boost/power? This is my dd and will need to last me quite a few years lol!
What I can say is on the multiple cars we have tested and developed on we have not lost a single engine or done any harm to them. How your car will last in the long run will really come down to a few things.
1) installing and running good quality parts
2) a good custom tune built for YOU and YOUR car for reliability and longevity
and
3) the responsibility of you as an owner to properly take care of and maintain the car per usage and Honda recommendations.

eha1988

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a graph at my desk from when we did some testing on our HBS without E85. It was 292hp and 307 TQ on 91 mixed with some VP100 so probably like a 95ish octane. I'll snag a pic later. All in all the non-si numbers should be pretty much identical to what you see on the SI with matching mods.

What I can say is on the multiple cars we have tested and developed on we have not lost a single engine or done any harm to them. How your car will last in the long run will really come down to a few things.
1) installing and running good quality parts
2) a good custom tune built for YOU and YOUR car for reliability and longevity
and
3) the responsibility of you as an owner to properly take care of and maintain the car per usage and Honda recommendations.
Thanks for the quick response! I just want to be sure that if I do my part in taking care of my car that the stock engine will be able to withstand the additional power. My car is currently Ktuned, just waiting to find that right person to be my tuner :)

ctl

First Name
ctl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2017 BMW 430i gran coupe, 2020 BMW X3 M40i, 1991 CRX SI
Country flag

ani2017

First Name
Ani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Part 5 of our W1 turbocharger upgrade blog is live now.

This is the one you have been waiting for. Have a read and see how much more effective you can make your 2016+ Honda Civic with the L15

https://www.27won.com/blog/the-w1-drop-in-turbocharger-pt5-power
After reading the blog were those dyno numbers generated on the stock downpipe and front pipe and intake or was it done with your downpipe, front pipe, and intake. Also, how reliable was the car able to run at 280+whp when tested? Can it be a daily producing that kind of power or would you go more conservative? If so, how much conservative would you run the turbo at?

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
This is great! I hope this work well with the mishimoto intake! PRL you have forced to switch to their cobra intake and change downpipes to a new one they will release. But I'm interested!

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you happen to have a dyno chart of what a stock civic type r does on this same dyno so we all could use as a comparison on where this turbo stands against a stock or tuned civic type r.
I don't have the chart on hand but I remember the numbers where about 310wHP and 315wTQ if that helps
After reading the blog were those dyno numbers generated on the stock downpipe and front pipe and intake or was it done with your downpipe, front pipe, and intake. Also, how reliable was the car able to run at 280+whp when tested? Can it be a daily producing that kind of power or would you go more conservative? If so, how much conservative would you run the turbo at?
The test where done on an aftermarket DP,FP, and CAI along with upgraded IC. As far has reliability you can absolutely daily this car at 280+. We still are and so are some of our beta testers running 300+ for over 10k miles

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is great! I hope this work well with the mishimoto intake! PRL you have forced to switch to their cobra intake and change downpipes to a new one they will release. But I'm interested!
Yes this will work with all the parts you already have.

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Any idea what kind of heat this new turbo can take? Im curious about how well it would handle antilag.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any idea what kind of heat this new turbo can take? Im curious about how well it would handle antilag.
I don't have like a definitive answer for this in regards to a number or measurable but what I can say is in all of our testing we have not had any issues with heat. Well over 60 dyno pulls and 1o k miles and not signs of issues. Just the normal coloring from cast stainless getting hot. You won't have any problems running an antilag.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Each one of our turbo's will be serialized as well so that you know you are getting a unique product for your car.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON W1 Upgraded Turbocharger Pt 5 POWA 27WON-Part-Badge.PNG

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
One thing that hit me was, now that this is in production, some might trade their Si in for a better looking Sport Touring hatchback and then drop this turbo in it. The hatch would be a sleeper for sure.

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
One thing that hit me was, now that this is in production, some might trade their Si in for a better looking Sport Touring hatchback and then drop this turbo in it. The hatch would be a sleeper for sure.

Internally the si engine is a better design I would never!
Sponsored