27WON W1 Upgraded Turbocharger Pt 5 POWA

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Definitely compatible, that is one of the main pros regarding this option. Complete drop in, no other hardware required. (other than a tune)
In that case I'd be interested in it. Already have ktuner. and if it really is a drop it would be a great stop gap between a stock type-r power wise.
Sponsored

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
Is this primarily for the non Si models, or all models? I'm curious what King of lift in numbers this would be an Si? Is their pricing available on all of this yet?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Is this primarily for the non Si models, or all models? I'm curious what King of lift in numbers this would be an Si? Is their pricing available on all of this yet?
Guessing you didn't read the blog they linked. From reading the blog, it is apparent all testing mentioned in their blog was performed on their own SI. That being said I'm fairly sure this turbo upgrade is aimed at all the 1.5t variants. The SI has a few minor tweaks (lower compression, higher flow MAF/intake/exhaust, etc) but I can't imagine they would not target the wide base of 1.5t variants.

eha1988

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm excited for this! My car is mostly stock minus ktuner, would really like to get rid of the power drop in higher RPMs...

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In that case I'd be interested in it. Already have ktuner. and if it really is a drop it would be a great stop gap between a stock type-r power wise.
Yes, as mentioned fully compatible with all OEM and aftermarket parts with zero mods. That is of course if the aftermarket parts you have where designed well and with in the confines of good fitment and reliability as we can't possibly test for every possible combination.
These graphs in the blog are from an SI. That being said this turbo has been tested in both SI and non SI models. The Hatchback Sport you see that we also own has had a unit on it since fall of last year.

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
What I'm excited about most, is the stealthness of it all. KTuner and ethanol module, drop-in turbo upgrade, catless pipe with heatshield, clutch of course... This all adds up to some serious secret powwrr under the hood.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I think it's recommended that CVT owners not go over +6 Hondata tune. Since this turbo shifts power to higher RPM, I wonder if swapping in this turbo would alone be enough to allow them to run a +9 tune, for those that don't want to mess with custom tunes. Of course, with a bit more lag.

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Will you guys be releasing a OTS tune with this turbo? Possibly at an additional cost?

Thanks for writing this up btw. Great read, with graphs. I'll definitely be picking one up once it becomes available.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Yes, as mentioned fully compatible with all OEM and aftermarket parts with zero mods. That is of course if the aftermarket parts you have where designed well and with in the confines of good fitment and reliability as we can't possibly test for every possible combination.

These graphs in the blog are from an SI. That being said this turbo has been tested in both SI and non SI models. The Hatchback Sport you see that we also own has had a unit on it since fall of last year.
So, is a tune required? Or can this just be dropped into a 100% stock Si and still see performance gains? I'm assuming the tune will maximize the benefits of the upgraded turbo, but wondering if the tune is required.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
So, is a tune required? Or can this just be dropped into a 100% stock Si and still see performance gains? I'm assuming the tune will maximize the benefits of the upgraded turbo, but wondering if the tune is required.
If you read the blog post, they did some of their testing using the Hondata +9 OTS map, so I'd imagine it can be run on that map temporarily. Obviously getting professionally tuned is the best option. As far as the stock map.... I'd expect it can be done, but not a great idea. With ktuner or hondata even running a stock like tune you are capable of data logging and monitoring AFR, STFT, LTFT, etc. To bolt on a turbo which will likely cost over $2000 and not be willing to spend $400 or more for a proper tuning device..... would be a questionable decision

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you read the blog post, they did some of their testing using the Hondata +9 OTS map, so I'd imagine it can be run on that map temporarily. Obviously getting professionally tuned is the best option. As far as the stock map.... I'd expect it can be done, but not a great idea. With ktuner or hondata even running a stock like tune you are capable of data logging and monitoring AFR, STFT, LTFT, etc. To bolt on a turbo which will likely cost over $2000 and not be willing to spend $400 or more for a proper tuning device..... would be a questionable decision
Understood, and thanks for the reply. I agree... if I was willing to drop $2k on a turbo upgrade then a $400 tune to maximize my investment makes total sense. All of this is new to me, hence the reason for the questions.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Understood, and thanks for the reply. I agree... if I was willing to drop $2k on a turbo upgrade then a $400 tune to maximize my investment makes total sense. All of this is new to me, hence the reason for the questions.
keep reading and researching. $400 can pay for a tune, but I would highly suggest purchasing a tuning device (you can save a bit purchasing used, there is nearly zero wear and tear on these items), and then paying for a local well regarded tuner to tune your car with time on the dyno and on the street.

The alternative is to go with a mail in tune where you email the tuner, he replies with a map, you flash it, run it and datalog while driving around, then send him the resulting datalog. This typically repeats more than a few times until both you and the tuner are satisfied with the results. This can take quite a bit of time, sometimes life gets in the way and a tuner is unable to reply to your email promptly. Generally that doesn't happen often....

Some local tuning shops will also offer both services.

gugatime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have numbers for the Non Si with and without E85?

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
keep reading and researching. $400 can pay for a tune, but I would highly suggest purchasing a tuning device (you can save a bit purchasing used, there is nearly zero wear and tear on these items), and then paying for a local well regarded tuner to tune your car with time on the dyno and on the street.

The alternative is to go with a mail in tune where you email the tuner, he replies with a map, you flash it, run it and datalog while driving around, then send him the resulting datalog. This typically repeats more than a few times until both you and the tuner are satisfied with the results. This can take quite a bit of time, sometimes life gets in the way and a tuner is unable to reply to your email promptly. Generally that doesn't happen often....

Some local tuning shops will also offer both services.
Thanks again. Was originally going to go with Vit but I did see he's moved to another job. Will have to research if and when the time comes. I'll be quiet now; don't want to derail the thread too bad. :)

eha1988

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So how strong is the stock hatchback sport engine? Can it handle high boost/power? This is my dd and will need to last me quite a few years lol!
Sponsored