THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
I doubt it as costs with BBKs are high and I don't imagine anyone out there has both. My stock rotors are beginning to warp. It drives me nuts honestly. I had planned on doing 27WONs BBK but I don't have 1700$ laying around and as they don't wholesale or have a finance available yet I'm considering Willwood kit as I can get it now with financing and the interest will still be less than throwing stock pads and rotors on it to keep it going for now.
So here I am asking everyone's opinion. Finance the willwood kit, or ride it out with a slight shake in the wheel and on the brake pedal for a few months
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The 27Won kit looks better and appears to have better part quality. Not sure about relative performance, but the fact that you get a bunch of washers with the Wilwood kit and you have to figure out the caliper spacing to get it to line up with the rotor is crap.

27Won's kit looks to actually be designed for the car and to work together unlike Wilwood's off the shelf parts that were bundled together for you to figure out how to make them work.

Don't forget with Wilwood you have to buy the brake lines seperately, so there's another $125. 27Won includes those.

OP
OP
THATSi

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
The 27Won kit looks better and appears to have better part quality. Not sure about relative performance, but the fact that you get a bunch of washers with the Wilwood kit and you have to figure out the caliper spacing to get it to line up with the rotor is crap.

27Won's kit looks to actually be designed for the car and to work together unlike Wilwood's off the shelf parts that were bundled together for you to figure out how to make them work.

Don't forget with Wilwood you have to buy the brake lines seperately, so there's another $125. 27Won includes those.
I saw that and can't find any weight comparison to stock, unsprung weight is important, definitely don't want a kit that is heavier

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

Got my Wilwood 6 piston kit through @twostepperformance. Corey threw in brake lines with the package. I just went with Wilwood for ease of replacing stuff like rotors and pads. Never had any issues with the kit, but i've had Wilwoods on my last 3 performance cars so just personal preference. My FK7 is my daily/canyon/track car and i've actually never had any issues with any of my Wilwood kits. Just regular maintenance.

The 27Won kit does look extremely nice. It was a hard decision for me to pick between the two when I got my bbk, but ultimately only reason Wilwood won out for me is because i've used them before.

SUL73NAZ

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have any specific questions about our kit just let me know, but touching on what was said above.
-Our kit was designed around Civic specifically
-We use a common size pad so should you want a different compound its easy to get
-Replacement parts can get from us whenever you need them
-More specs on weight and such here. https://www.27won.com/blog/the-big-brake-kit-for-honda-civic-part-1

Barett@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I saw that and can't find any weight comparison to stock, unsprung weight is important, definitely don't want a kit that is heavier
I saw your comment about weight and wanted to comment. Not sure about other BBKs on the market, but the 27WON BBK is ~22% than the OE front braking system.
You can check out the details here https://www.27won.com/blog/the-big-brake-kit-for-honda-civic-part-1?rq=brake

Reducing unsprung and rotational weight on the vehicle is a HUGE benefit to the performance of the vehicle.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's causing them to warp? Should you try and correct that before spending and possibly warping your BBK?

OP
OP
THATSi

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
What's causing them to warp? Should you try and correct that before spending and possibly warping your BBK?
Honestly in my opinion on cars like the civic the thermal capacity of stock brake systems is just shit, it's ok for an unmodified car that isn't driven aggressively. Not that I drive that aggressively but I'm from Ohio, now in Florida, I've never had issues with warping rotors until I moved down here. Imagine the year round, hotter than hell, weather and my driving style have an impact especially considering my tires stay balanced a lot longer than up north cuz of the nice roads

beejpowers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2013 VW GTI
Country flag
If you have any specific questions about our kit just let me know, but touching on what was said above.
-Our kit was designed around Civic specifically
-We use a common size pad so should you want a different compound its easy to get
-Replacement parts can get from us whenever you need them
-More specs on weight and such here. https://www.27won.com/blog/the-big-brake-kit-for-honda-civic-part-1
What are the pad and rotors replacement costs?
I’m not opposed to coming to you directly but it’s always nice to have options.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are the pad and rotors replacement costs?
I’m not opposed to coming to you directly but it’s always nice to have options.
great question and super easy answer. The 2 piece rotor design requires just the replacement of the rotor ring. We sell replacements so just hit us up when needed. As for pads, we designed the kit around a readily available size. So you can get pads from Hawk, AP racing, carbotech, gloc, and more. Just pick what compound suites your needs. We have the part numbers listed on our website.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
great question and super easy answer. The 2 piece rotor design requires just the replacement of the rotor ring. We sell replacements so just hit us up when needed. As for pads, we designed the kit around a readily available size. So you can get pads from Hawk, AP racing, carbotech, gloc, and more. Just pick what compound suites your needs. We have the part numbers listed on our website.
Any other options for rotors 330x28mm?

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Would there be a time where you guys eventually do not produce the rotor rings anymore? Would there be other options to replace the rotors if it ever comes to that?

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
If you want to save weight them the 27 Won if probably your best bet. I'm waiting on AP racing to make a kit for the civic and for my current winter tires to wear out so I can switch to 17" wheels from 16 and not have to swap brakes every season. 27 Won would be my second choice if AP racing decides not to make one.
Sponsored