highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
I hope they worked out how much pressure builds up at outlet after increasing air flow with a broader path...
Hope it might not result in something unbeneficial..

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I hope they worked out how much pressure builds up at outlet after increasing air flow with a broader path...
Hope it might not result in something unbeneficial..
Yeah, I am not quite convinced this is going to be a good thing either. All I see from that blog is a lot of talk of the process to get people to calm down and stop bugging Vincent for their prototype. (I don't think it is going to happen. It is probably really annoying on their end) I am not seeing much on how it is going to affect my engine. Don't get me wrong, I am interested in this piece also. I hope it turns out well and ends up under my hood. But I am going to need to see something beyond fitment and looks. And yes, I understand. This stuff takes time. Just throwing out there what I want to see in the next blog.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks impressive folks. Looking forward to some dynos on low/stock boost levels vs high boost levels and if our stock TIP is quantifiably restrictive... and if what was likely good enough from the factory becomes an increasing bottleneck as we push our cars. Keep checking for blog updates w/interest.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Please tell me you are going to Powder Coat it orange! Keep up the great work, you guys are killing it!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just had the time to pop in here and read some comments so I thought I would share another piece of info on this unit in regards to performance. Attached are 2 images. Same car in both (our FBO 18 SI with W1) One is with the stock TIP and the other is with a 27WON TIP. As you can see in the numbers to the upper right of the graph from our KTuner logs with the 27WON TIP installed we are flowing another 20g/s more over OEM, and this is just one data point.

I have said it before and I will say it again, an engine is simply a glorified air pump/ We want as much air in as fast as possible and then get it out as fast as possible all while doing works. To flow over 20 g/s more just by installing it is a huge gain in VE and how much air we can feed our turbos.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON - Testing the OE Turbo Inlet Pipe 27WONTIP

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON - Testing the OE Turbo Inlet Pipe STOCKTIP

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some may want to know the difference in air temps since that could be a factor. Some may say the stock maf g/s looks smoother than 27Won g/s.

This could be graphed so many ways. Like spool up time with 27Won vs stock T.I.P.

I like how the maf g/s line angle is similar to the rpm with the 27 Won tip vs the stock one tapering off much sooner as the rpms climb.

BTW: Just for poops and giggles, I'm going to say the 27Won T.I.P is worth 25hp with the setup they have (20g/s * 1.25 = 25hp or 20g/s / 0.82=24hp - Pick your poison) YES, I called it. 27Won....hook a brotha up later. :)

Last edited:

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much hp did the 27 won car has with the stock tip?

brandonduley

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (FC1)
Country flag
Hoping for black coated....although I’m a huge fan of orange, it just doesn’t go with my Rallye Red car IMO, being in the first run of CAI, my only option for MAF housing was orange, I finally got around this last weekend to changing it to red

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON - Testing the OE Turbo Inlet Pipe C43832DA-69BC-45BE-B50B-EFE30368F760

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like there might be some serious gain at the top of the power band. Interested!

I think I want your TIP inside (my car). :hmm:
wouldn't be the first time.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON - Testing the OE Turbo Inlet Pipe upload_2020-3-3_11-29-51
black maybe???