27WON SI Exhaust, What tips do you want?

Grizz

First Name
Triston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Orchid White
I want something that SOUNDS as mean and beefy as this car ACTUALLY is. I mean hell, this car with stock exhaust has crackles and pops as it is. I want something that’s louder, (I’m not talking rice loud or anything) but loud, (loud exhaust saves lives guys) I like the tone on the thermal R&D a lot. But it looks terrible (the tip I mean) and magnaflows exhaust sounds like a little bitch. It’s too quiet. I wanna be able to hear my cars crackles and pops and back fires. This car even though everyone shits on the 1.5L engine is a beast. I mean with a type r turbo swap on pump gas it’s already pushing safely and easily 330whp and 319wtq. This ain’t no baby. And tip wise, I do like the triple tips but dual is good too but that gap like everyone else is saying needs to be filled. I think your best route is trying people CHOOSE what tips they want. Make it modular!!!
Sponsored

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I change my answer to triple burnt tips... at first I thought "I don't want to copy the type-r" but to be honest it would be fitting on this car. Also it would set your exhaust apart from the competition.

RunningHot2017

20 years. Smashing gears.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
In my opinion anything is better than that USB port of an exhaust on the Civic. Something like that may pass on a Lamborghini, but not a Civic. A polished tri tip would be great. The issue with a dual tip is, (like I believe someone stated in a earlier post) trying to fill in all the extra space. The idea of a tri tip (such as the one on the Type R) might bode well. My reasoning for this is: there are already a fair number of dual tips on the market. Magnaflow and etc. So far there is only one true tri tip on the market and that is Yonaka's (currently out of stock) tri tip. Its obvious that people many like the Type R style. Also it succeeds in filling in extra space in the diffuser. I want to say the exhaust would be nice polished as it will compliment the clean, "refined," look of the Civic Si. Whether its polished or burnt it has to be tri.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My vote is dual tips that resemble the tips used on the last generation accord V6, but fills the entire space. And enough separation in between so it looks like an actual dual tip. Also flush with the bumper. Make a full catback exhaust and a more affordable, quieter version axleback for those of us who want a different style but not a lot of noise.
An axle-back is not an option as it is one piece from the front-pipe all the way back to the tips. An axle back like option would require cutting up the OEM and probably using slip joints which is two things I have no desire to do.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Triple like the Yonaka system or 1 large like factory, dual will just be another Sport HB exhaust, needs to define or "Redefine" the Si!!!!!!! Yes that was a pun on your motto of "Redefining the Aftermarket"
I think we will retain the triple tips to the CTR has that is something signature to the FK8 but who knows.

Steadyhands

First Name
Deez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm hoping to have someone duplicate a tri-tip like the image attached.

Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON SI Exhaust, What tips do you want? FB_IMG_1516548954334

Driggz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
What about a rear lip/diffuser that was molded to fill the gap where the “hdmi tip” was and have molded holes or grooves to fit only your exhaust tips?
I like this idea! I also would like to see an option to add blue burnt exhaust tips?

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love how many people say dual but yet Honda makes a signature HDMI exhaust tip for the SI. Going with the dual tip would be more like the sport model versus the SI. I think this is easy and no need to over complicate. Just make a nicer version of HDMI design... Similar to what a few others posted. But, props to 27WON for asking the customer’s what they want. That’s how you’ll get the best result and please and most people.

Last edited:

segfault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2006 Mitsubishi Evo
Country flag
Single or dual tip. Though the biggest thing for me will be if the exhaust has good weight savings.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
What we need:
-light weight
-good quality stainless steel
-either 2 tips, or try to somehow make the stock look more appealing in your exhaust design because as it sits now it’s hideous
-well tested resonators and mufflers to get rid of the drone and have a good exhaust note, seems hard to get on this engine
-high grade hardware (bolts,nuts,washers,clamps etc. because rust)
-not to big, clean look, keep it simple
-fair price ( for real doe )

What we don’t need:
-carbon fiber tips (drives costs up)
-more then 2 tips (drives costs up)
-titanium (drives costs up)
-big giant tips
-burnt tips
-complex design
-heavyweight

Last edited:

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An axle-back is not an option as it is one piece from the front-pipe all the way back to the tips. An axle back like option would require cutting up the OEM and probably using slip joints which is two things I have no desire to do.
Thermal managed to do it and integrate it into their exhaust. Just tired of seeing every single exhaust for the 10th gens that are either really ugly, or $1,200
Honda Civic 10th gen 27WON SI Exhaust, What tips do you want? thermal-exhaust-civic-si-coupe-B184-C184-tips-500x500
Sponsored