27Won intake installed!!

Nozomi135

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Modern Silver Metallic)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wanted to thank Vincent@27WON for his time and assistance on getting everything together and to me quick! Went UPS 1 business day from Vancouver, Washington to Dieppe, New Brunswick in Canada. Got it on October 10th. Couldn't wait until daytime to get it on so used the good ol' drive in car wash down the road as my impromptu shop, was around 1-2AM and pouring rain so figure nobody would be out to wash their car, plus it was dry and well lit so definitely a bonus!

Getting the stock box out was relatively easy but friendly word of advise, deep in your heart, you'll want to leave the skid plate on but for goodness sakes follow the instructions and take it off. It'll save you a good 45 minutes trying to reach one bolt!! Had no choice since I didn't have a jack handy at the time! Still possible to do with the skid plate on but a total pain in the ass!

Induction noise is very noticeable, hear the turbo spooling, blow off and all that good stuff! Packaged snug and well to protect it in transit, fit and finish was stellar and I think it looks sexy as hell!

Anybody else have the 27Won intake? What do you think of yours?

Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won intake installed!! 43618845_10210048079518380_1819160920371232768_o
Sponsored

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
I was just going to ask if anyone had installed this intake yet, and saw your post! Where does the snorkel tube from the airbox sit in the fender? Does it have direct airflow?

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
lol at using the carwash port as your makeshift garage at 1 in the morning.

i love the look of that intake and the fact that its in an enclosure to keep most heat away. hows the butt dyno performance?

the only thing keeping me from buying is the price

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wanted to thank Vincent@27WON for his time and assistance on getting everything together and to me quick! Went UPS 1 business day from Vancouver, Washington to Dieppe, New Brunswick in Canada. Got it on October 10th. Couldn't wait until daytime to get it on so used the good ol' drive in car wash down the road as my impromptu shop, was around 1-2AM and pouring rain so figure nobody would be out to wash their car, plus it was dry and well lit so definitely a bonus!

Getting the stock box out was relatively easy but friendly word of advise, deep in your heart, you'll want to leave the skid plate on but for goodness sakes follow the instructions and take it off. It'll save you a good 45 minutes trying to reach one bolt!! Had no choice since I didn't have a jack handy at the time! Still possible to do with the skid plate on but a total pain in the ass!

Induction noise is very noticeable, hear the turbo spooling, blow off and all that good stuff! Packaged snug and well to protect it in transit, fit and finish was stellar and I think it looks sexy as hell!

Anybody else have the 27Won intake? What do you think of yours?

43618845_10210048079518380_1819160920371232768_o.jpg
hate to revive a old thread but how you liking that intake so far?
i'm wanting to get it but dont see many threads about it.
to me the fact that the filter is not in the bottom of the fender is a big plus to me

bmaf55

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won intake installed!! C2B4E097-F270-45C7-8766-D335CF7EFE2F
Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won intake installed!! FE0ED292-13DB-4604-8994-22B94AED0D23
to me the fact that the filter is not in the bottom of the fender is a big plus to me
I just installed this cai yesterday and couldn’t be more pleased. As mentioned above you hear the spooling and blow off 100x more now. And I agree, just take the skid plate off. It’s pain in butt but much easier. It’s honestly the only difficult part of install. I highly recommend and don’t think that you’ll be disappointed Green82. The way the snorkel fits into the lil cubby hole down in the front fender is genius idea and design. Let me know if you’ve got any questions.

Last edited:

macrossranma

First Name
macross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
i had this installed for 2 months now, love it for the spoiling and blow off noise, also i do feel the car more responsive and pull harder on all rpm range. The one thing I will advise (as this is the only problem i have during installation) is to becareful removing the MAF screw on the stock intake, I stripped mine and was a pain to remove it.

OP
OP
Nozomi135

Nozomi135

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Modern Silver Metallic)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm really happy with it so far myself! No complaints! :)

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
C2B4E097-F270-45C7-8766-D335CF7EFE2F.jpeg
FE0ED292-13DB-4604-8994-22B94AED0D23.jpeg

I just installed this cai yesterday and couldn’t be more pleased. As mentioned above you hear the spoiling and blow off 100x more now. And I agree, just take the skid plate off. It’s pain in butt but much easier. It’s honesty the only difficult part of install. I highly recommend and don’t think that you’ll be disappointed Green82. Thecway the snorkel fits into the lil cubby hole down in front fender is genius idea and design. Let me know if you’ve got any questions.
Do you think I can install if I don’t have jacks to take off bottom shield an do all the work from top of hood or should I just pay to get install
Thanks

bmaf55

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Do you think I can install if I don’t have jacks to take off bottom shield an do all the work from top of hood or should I just pay to get install
Thanks
I’ve read people on here doing from above, but that also included breaking stock resonator to get it out. Even then it wasn’t easy apparently. I would personally recommend using jacks, or you def won’t get the underpane off. I dont know if you plan on saving stock intake in case you have to reinstall for whatever reason. Another thing to consider.

Barett@27WON

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Love the reviews guys thank you!

if only this came in a race maf like prl's cobra...
Is the "Race" MAF option a big deal breaker for you? We have been considering this idea as an option, but are unsure of the communities interest. The overall CAI design is flexible in a way that a larger "Race" MAF could be implemented and could be a upgrade kit for current owners.
Thoughts?

Thanks

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Love the reviews guys thank you!

Is the "Race" MAF option a big deal breaker for you? We have been considering this idea as an option, but are unsure of the communities interest. The overall CAI design is flexible in a way that a larger "Race" MAF could be implemented and could be a upgrade kit for current owners.
Thoughts?

Thanks
Personally the lack of a race maf is a total killer. These intakes are basically just noise makers compared to the oem airbox without the race maf...

MeanGreenSi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Accord Sport
Country flag
i had this installed for 2 months now, love it for the spoiling and blow off noise, also i do feel the car more responsive and pull harder on all rpm range. The one thing I will advise (as this is the only problem i have during installation) is to becareful removing the MAF screw on the stock intake, I stripped mine and was a pain to remove it.
I bought a set of JIS screwdrivers just for the civic. So far they seem to work good.
Sponsored