27WON Front Mount Intercooler Kit for L15 (testing, R&D, and availability)

brandonduley

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (FC1)
Country flag
Looks like you're just missing the 27Won TIP lol! What exhaust do you have?
Only 27Won parts I don’t currently have for my car is the W1 turbo and FP back exhaust.

my current exhaust setup is;
27Won Catted Downpipe
27Won Front pipe
Magnaflow FP back
Sponsored

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Only 27Won parts I don’t currently have for my car is the W1 turbo and FP back exhaust.

my current exhaust setup is;
27Won Catted Downpipe
27Won Front pipe
Magnaflow FP back
Out of curiosity, why didn't you go for the 27Won FP back exhaust? Do you have any other written reviews for the other 27Won parts you've gotten and how they've changed the car?

brandonduley

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Out of curiosity, why didn't you go for the 27Won FP back exhaust? Do you have any other written reviews for the other 27Won parts you've gotten and how they've changed the car?
At the time the 27Won FP back exhaust was not released. The Magnaflow was the first exhaust piece I purchased, later added the 27Won FP & DP.

At this time, I do not have any other reviews of the parts I’ve put on my car, definitely something in the works though to put reviews of my experiences with all the 27Won products I’ve got. Stay tuned...

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
What's the retail price for the FMIC and associated piping?

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
@brandonduley for 27won ICer do we need to trim/cut off the plastic trim like in case of PRL?

Thusee

First Name
Thusee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@brandonduley for 27won ICer do we need to trim/cut off the plastic trim like in case of PRL?
Yes because it is bigger. You would have to do the same for all bigger intercoolers. You can check out their installation guide it helps understand what's involved. It may seem like a lot but it's pretty easy.

brandonduley

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes because it is bigger. You would have to do the same for all bigger intercoolers. You can check out their installation guide it helps understand what's involved. It may seem like a lot but it's pretty easy.
yes, plastic will need trimmed. Clearly detailed out in the instructions where to cut.

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
yes, plastic will need trimmed. Clearly detailed out in the instructions where to cut.
Since you are a tech, how many labor hours/approx cost would you *estimate* a reputable independent shop charge for installing this FMIC on the Si. I know the cost will vary but I'm just trying to get a ballpark. Thanks!

brandonduley

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since you are a tech, how many labor hours/approx cost would you *estimate* a reputable independent shop charge for installing this FMIC on the Si. I know the cost will vary but I'm just trying to get a ballpark. Thanks!
I'd guess $300-500
had my friend who is an ASE master tech look up the rates, standard removal & reinstall is 1.1 hrs, but being aftermarket he estimated 2.5. So anywhere from $250-$350 was his estimate.
Sponsored