27WON Front Mount Intercooler Kit for L15 (testing, R&D, and availability)

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It's been lost to the photobucket blur-vision over at twinturbo.net in the intervening years... but there used to be some wonderful charts showing how going from 2 to 2.5" charge pipes made 300zx have absolutely massive midrange gains. Granted, that car already didn't reach full boost until around 3800 RPMs and it's ECU lacked the functionality of ours to make all the tweaks. Still... the charge pipes made a huge difference. For a stock turbo, having larger piping was one of the best thing you could do to a stock turbo'ed car running max (i.e. inefficient) boost. I'd love to see a TSP stage 1 w/a stock turbo before and after with one. I liked the blog where 27WON showed it w/their in-house turbo... but that one wasn't being pushed hard and showing a tiny stock turbo being pushed too hard and running hot and inefficiently and how a better intercooler can really be a band-aid to help things out would be neat to see.

With a stock car... it should make a minor difference without a tune... but the real gains on a stock car are going to be seen under sustained hard driving... where you won't have rising IATs robbing more and more power and you go. Driving gently and doing a quick throttle stab for a few seconds and then quitting won't show the scope of the benefit the IC will give.

There is dynos of a mildly modded car (drop in filter, downpipe) running the stock tune getting some nice single-digit gains... and those gains get more pronounced on additional dyno pulls where the stock intercooler rapidly got heat soaked. As it's a thread on competitors product... I won't post it here but is a good reference point. It shows how small gains really get large as you push a car again and again. The benefit is large a few minutes into a spirited drive on a hot summer day.
Honestly, I could help you with that. I'm running TSP Stage 1 with a PRL Cobra Street CAI and nothing else. No exhaust, no downpipe, just intake and tune. I've been thinking about getting an aftermarket intercooler very soon and this 27Won FMIC looks very enticing. If you want to see data logs of before an intercooler and after the intercooler, give me some time and I can get that worked out for ya. I'm all for seeing results!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The first batch of our new FMIC kits are shipping today. Check out our release blog below and read a recap of what you are getting with our intercooler designed specifically for your Civic.

https://www.27won.com/blog/l15-front-mount-intercooler-launches-for-the-2016-honda-civic
Congrats! Ugh... 3 mini-vacations this year before my shore duty is up and some 300zx projects I want to finally accomplish (paint + tires). Now this...

This making me want to burn a hole in my pocket badly. Looking forward to the reviews from the early adopters. I think I’m even more excited about the piping change as the intercooler itself!

brandonduley

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (FC1)
Country flag
I know you are because I personally processed it today lol.
Awesome!!! Thanks for the attention to details and sharing with us what and how you got to where you got. It’s great to see all the behind the scenes work involved

also thanks for not settling on something mediocre for the sake of getting something to the market quickly and actually doing real world testing before releasing. Makes me feel comfortable being in the first run of your products

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just submitted my order! Hope I still made the first batch, but if not, I can always wait :headbang:

nekrawulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I just submitted my order! Hope I still made the first batch, but if not, I can always wait :headbang:
I didn't quite make first run either. Vincent emailed me and said next run would be in a couple of weeks.

Last edited: