27WON Front Mount Intercooler Kit for L15 (testing, R&D, and availability)

brandonduley

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (FC1)
Country flag
DITY, It's easier and cheaper
True true, it’s not a difficult install at all, but sometimes I think people assume everyone else has the necessary tools and confidence to tackle projects that some of us see as “easy”. Not all of us are fortunate enough to grow up wrenching next to a family member and learning things we can use later in life. I was a lucky one who always had a dad willing to teach or show me how to work on things.

just my opinion, which means nothing to anyone else I know. :)

Last edited:

nekrawulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I installed this this week. The t bar clamps gave me a hell of a time with their tight initial fit. I had trouble even fitting the nut on. Any tips to help me with the tight fit. Also getting darn bumper fitment correct is killing me.

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I installed this this week. The t bar clamps gave me a hell of a time with their tight initial fit. I had trouble even fitting the nut on. Any tips to help me with the tight fit. Also getting darn bumper fitment correct is killing me.
Clamps also gave me a hard time. I scooted the clamp over to a place where I could get the nut on, then slid the clamp over where I wanted it to go. I used a little bit of WD40 to help it slide. And yeah, the reinstalling the bumper is really really annoying. I can get the driver side with no problems but the passenger side is rough.

nekrawulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Clamps also gave me a hard time. I scooted the clamp over to a place where I could get the nut on, then slid the clamp over where I wanted it to go. I used a little bit of WD40 to help it slide. And yeah, the reinstalling the bumper is really really annoying. I can get the driver side with no problems but the passenger side is rough.
I had silicone spray, dunno why I didn't think to use that. Ended up reusing on the the OEM worm clamps on throttle body. Passenger side issues with but per here too. It's gapped, but at least it's tolerable now. Maybe when I through W1 turbo on I can fix it.

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I had silicone spray, dunno why I didn't think to use that. Ended up reusing on the the OEM worm clamps on throttle body. Passenger side issues with but per here too. It's gapped, but at least it's tolerable now. Maybe when I through W1 turbo on I can fix it.
Yeah the throttle body coupling was really rough to get on. That's the one where I had spray a little more WD40 on. I made sure to wipe it down thoroughly afterwards too. I had to wiggle the bumper a lot to get it to clip, but managed to get the passenger side eventually. Had to muscle it a bit.

SiR Kola

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 ep3 Civic SiR, 2017 Ram Sport, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Can anyone tell me their thoughts on how this fmic is performing with etune and front pipe down pipe and cold air intake?

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You all are annoying as hell. Why does everyone want the loudest and flashy piece. I would rather have something subtle to make people wonder. When you put a bunch of words on a product it makes it look like something made in China. The W alone is a strong symbol to me of 27won. Putting the full name feels like marketing too much.
I guess I don't really care what stencil you release as long as there is an option to have it without it. I will not fucking buy it if it auto comes with the full name on it.
I agree I like the sleeper look my self, even as I will like to see the 27WON on red to match the SI accents
Sponsored