OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si 2017 Civic SI x2
Country flag
#turbotuesday Today we’re dedicating this post to @27won.
Their drop in turbo has allowed the #SiSePuede #Civic to make some sik power (180+ trq & 165+ hp gains). Proven to be reliable with countless roadtrips and races, we have officially nicknamed this turbo “The Sleeper”.

Unless someone actually tells you they upgraded to a #27won turbo, this turbo fits and looks OEM but performs oh so sik! CA people could appreciate this.

Tuner: @d_butl3r using @Hondata #FlashPro.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 27Won Drop-In Turbo - Ososik Media 407tq Si se puede

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very kewl! Congratulations! 370 on a Dyna Pack is awesome! One thing that does have me puzzled is that 27WON posted ethanol charts with the torque peaking at 3700 and you peak at 4350!? That is a big difference. Do you have any idea what would cause that difference?

Last edited:

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very kewl! Congratulations! 470 on a Dyna Pack is awesome! One thing that does have me puzzled is that 27WON posted ethanol charts with the torque peaking at 3700 and you peak at 4350!? That is a big difference. Do you have any idea what would cause that difference?
Different tuning strategy and wheel combination.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Very kewl! Congratulations! 470 on a Dyna Pack is awesome! One thing that does have me puzzled is that 27WON posted ethanol charts with the torque peaking at 3700 and you peak at 4350!? That is a big difference. Do you have any idea what would cause that difference?
to save the rods

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Different tuning strategy and wheel combination.
I love the wheel combination you have on your website. It should have less lag and be much better for a street machine. How much difference is there in the lag with stock vs your offering and this one? How noticeable is it?

Also, I love, love, love the video here. I very much wanted to see the turbo installed even though I knew it would just look stock! :rofl: Sleeper is right!

Edit: Not laughing at the car just laughing at myself for wanting to see it so bad since I already knew it would look stock.

Last edited:

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love the wheel combination you have on your website. It should have less lag and be much better for a street machine. How much difference is there in the lag with stock vs your offering and this one? How noticeable is it?

Also, I love, love, love the video here. I very much wanted to see the turbo installed even though it would just look stock! :rofl: Sleeper is right!
The wheel combination on our website, blogs, and the ones used for the first 11 second pass where all done on a production unit. The exact one that anyone and everyone can buy zero changes what so ever. We have been testing those one's for over 20k miles now and different cars. The dyno pull in this video in particular is on a slightly larger wheel trim. It's just more testing that we are always doing, hence the shift in peak torque. We are constantly testing and trying different combinations to learn more as we grow and push the platform.

Schmullis

First Name
Schmullis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
to save the rods
Sounds interesting if someone isn't planning on keeping their car for any extended period. I can't imagine that the 1.5T engine and transaxle can stand up to that much power over the long term. I'm reminded of Hondata's test of the Civic CVT, where they intentionally broke the CVT, to see how much power it could handle. The good news is the Si is manual, but really seems like much more power output then the engineers designed for that engine to manage.

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds interesting if someone isn't planning on keeping their car for any extended period. I can't imagine that the 1.5T engine and transaxle can stand up to that much power over the long term. I'm reminded of Hondata's test of the Civic CVT, where they intentionally broke the CVT, to see how much power it could handle. The good news is the Si is manual, but really seems like much more power output then the engineers designed for that engine to manage.
Honestly do not plan on getting rid of this car. As for long term, once this motor goes I will put in a fresh one. There is only one way to find out the limits right? lol
So far, there are only 3 CivicX to my knowledge that are pushing similar power gains and so far all are still driving. The best part, all 3 CivicX are utilizing different mods.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ososik, apparently you were one of the first persons to drive the W1 turbo with the production compressor wheels on the street. How does it do on the street? Is it responsive? All impressions would be welcomed.

OP
OP
OsosikMedia

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ososik, apparently you were one of the first persons to drive the W1 turbo with the production compressor wheels on the street. How does it do on the street? Is it responsive? All impressions would be welcomed.
It's great. The biggest thing that stood out to me was the feeling of getting pushed into the driver seat while barely noticing the shift in the spool range. It is just as responsive as stock, until it responds and makes you realize this isn't the same 1.5L Civic you purchased off the lot. In my opinion the shift in the RPM range is ideal, that is right around the cruising RPM range for me on the freeways and it should help with the longevity of the motor. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: