Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright everyone we just finished all our planning for 2019 and set out with some fresh new ideas and product for the FK8. After the great success with our rear engine mount and all the awesome feedback from you guys, we knew we where just getting started. Check out our newest blog and see what we have in store for this year.

This is just a small tasting of what is to come.

https://www.27won.com/blog/whats-in-the-pipeline-for-the-27won-civic-type-r

Be sure to drop a comment on the blog and let us know what you want to see.
Sponsored

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Alright everyone we just finished all our planning for 2019 and set out with some fresh new ideas and product for the FK8. After the great success with our rear engine mount and all the awesome feedback from you guys, we knew we where just getting started. Check out our newest blog and see what we have in store for this year.

There is a pretty good choice of intercoolers, and there is even an eBay one now. You’d have to come up with something revolutionary otherwise.

Exhaust is something that seems to be a good candidate, as so many fail with drone, insane pricing, bad welds, or perceived power loss.

Cooling in general. I’m seeing that bigger radiators, oil coolers, just don’t seem to cut it. That is an area you could focus on. Maybe that means better grill? Maybe more air redirectors? Maybe modified hood?

Rear BBK kit. It’s just for looks, but people will eat this up. Me included.

How about a working BOV. That would be nice. Me personally I’d like one that will last the life of the car :)

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is a pretty good choice of intercoolers, and there is even an eBay one now. You’d have to come up with something revolutionary otherwise.

Exhaust is something that seems to be a good candidate, as so many fail with drone, insane pricing, bad welds, or perceived power loss.

Cooling in general. I’m seeing that bigger radiators, oil coolers, just don’t seem to cut it. That is an area you could focus on. Maybe that means better grill? Maybe more air redirectors? Maybe modified hood?

Rear BBK kit. It’s just for looks, but people will eat this up. Me included.

How about a working BOV. That would be nice. Me personally I’d like one that will last the life of the car :)
Great reply man, thank you for that.

For the IC the team feels confident we can be sure to check the box on a few things that everyone else seems to be missing. We have combed through data and when you dig into it the lack of development by others is somewhat disappointing. There is a lot left on the table and I think we can deliver.

Taking all we have learned from the FK7 and FC1 exhaust we can give you guys something that will sound great and look even better.

Cooling is a good one also
Rear BBK, we can just won't be cheap as we would want to keep the electric parking brake

Probs not a BOV

scottjua

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru STI, 2019 SGP Civic Type R
Country flag
Some solution for the fake ducts to be useful would be amazing. Front and rear... without detriment of course

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
@Vincent@27WON I went ahead and posted this on your blog
“Awesome start, definitely focus on the resonances around 2.5k that are vicious with catless downpipes bolted to aftermarket exhausts. Also, please don’t bottle neck the mount that connects to the front pipe; make it a smooth 3” diameter throughout. Just some suggestions”

No exhaust out there seems to care about it sounding too ricer or raspy when paired with a catless dp, which in my opinion is not suited for this car. This is definitely a challenge due the changes in exhaust flow from other exhaust upgrades; which in the end are not the manufacturers’ problem. My previous car had two vibrant resonators (one was the ultra quiet resonator); it sounded deep and clean along with the satisfying exhaust gurgles. On the other hand those who run catted DPs probably don’t have this issue, IDK maybe someone can chime in.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I will echo what has been said above.

Re: intercoolers, there is a good selection and obviously some tough names to compete against.

Re: exhausts, there is not a ton of power to be gained in this department as has been shown with dyno data. If you're doing it mostly for sound, there a lot of different sounds out there to choose from - everything from something bassy-ier to something more raspy to something more fart canny. With respect to downpipes, there are several proven ones out there and front-pipes are all the same in terms of performance.

Honestly, I was surprised that you didn't list an upgraded turbo kit (working in conjunction with one of the big tuning platforms, cough cough) or a supplemental fuel injection system. Those are the holes I see in the Type R market, and where I think you guys could really take advantage of the situation. You have a good reputation in the CivicX community and have had proven results with your 1.5 platform products (turbo upgrades, etc.).

Good luck to you!

ThatDustyFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1 Si
Country flag
I will echo what has been said above.

Re: intercoolers, there is a good selection and obviously some tough names to compete against.

Re: exhausts, there is not a ton of power to be gained in this department as has been shown with dyno data. If you're doing it mostly for sound, there a lot of different sounds out there to choose from - everything from something bassy-ier to something more raspy to something more fart canny. With respect to downpipes, there are several proven ones out there and front-pipes are all the same in terms of performance.

Honestly, I was surprised that you didn't list an upgraded turbo kit (working in conjunction with one of the big tuning platforms, cough cough) or a supplemental fuel injection system. Those are the holes I see in the Type R market, and where I think you guys could really take advantage of the situation. You have a good reputation in the CivicX community and have had proven results with your 1.5 platform products (turbo upgrades, etc.).

Good luck to you!
Radium has already released their port injection kit for the FK8, just FYI.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag

Intercoolers: As already noted, a lot of competition in that market already. You would have to bring something significantly better than what is currently out there. I know you responded stating you have something to "deliver" on the subject. Well, talk is cheap. Show us if you want our business.

Exhaust: For me, I am probably unlike most customers. I don't want loud, too old for that stuff driving 2000-2500 miles a month. I don't mind the volume of the OEM exhaust, but I would like more power. The OEM seems to be well-designed, since It doesn't seem that anyone can get more power without a LOT of noise increase. And many seem to actually lose power. Currently there is no exhaust on the market I would buy. So build something I would buy.

Cooling: Seems to be a big issue for track running in hot weather. Real solutions to this would be a good place to look. So far most things I see don't work that well. I don't think most of the oil coolers on the market work as well as they should. And most other attempts are so obviously not going to work well, I don't know why they even try them.

And I will agree with your general assessment of the development process used by some companies. Search my comments if you want to find some of them. I have been in motorsports for nearly 40 years, and the lack of understanding of basics, how to perform reliable track testing, and probably most importantly the understanding of aerodynamics is amazingly lacking in the approach by some of these companies.
Sponsored