27WON Civic Turbo Upgrade now available!!!!!!!

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not knowing much about turbos even though this is my second turbo car, I have had to take a crash course. Still much to learn, but your new W1 turbo seems like the prefect compromise. Others, when you open the hood, you know it is highly modified. Potential problem in inspection time. With this you can pass for stock unless they are very familiar with 10th gens. Just tell the guy you raced with in Mexico that you are just stock! :rofl:
You seem to have hit the sweet spot on size. Any larger and you would lose the beautiful low in torque that our cars have that make it so much fun to drive on the street. Any larger and the stock turbo would probably kick your ass up to 5000 rpm. Of course, over 5000, Whoo Nellie!

Of course, by being drop-in you save us money and utilize all the refined engineered that went into our cars!

Well done!
Sponsored

Last edited:

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since you are one of the first guinea pigs for a big turbo, I hope you will report back and give us your impressions. Inquiring minds want to know.

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
My full bolt on Si, with E40 and this turbo made 256whp and 257wtq on a dynojet with the Ktuner 19psi base tune.... Cant wait to get tuned at 29-30psi. I had a slight hiccup so I couldn't continue with the tune. Very impressed with the basemap numbers though and that was only revving to 6k rpms.

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My full bolt on Si, with E40 and this turbo made 256whp and 257wtq on a dynojet with the Ktuner 19psi base tune.... Cant wait to get tuned at 29-30psi. I had a slight hiccup so I couldn't continue with the tune. Very impressed with the basemap numbers though and that was only revving to 6k rpms.
Very nice results! I don't have Dyno results yet but I did make this video; check it out, this is the W1 on ethanol hondata basemap.

Last edited:

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice pull! On Instagram you said that the car was sluggish at low rpm's. That is the same word that 27won used when they said that the W1 was sluggish compared to the stock turbo below 3000 rpm. How is it in daily driving. With my Si, I try to drive aground town near 2500 rpm as it is more responsive to the throttle than at lower rpm's. Do you know yet or can you speculate what rpm would be good to drive around town with the W1? Does it feel peppy around town?

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice pull! On Instagram you said that the car was sluggish at low rpm's. That is the same word that 27won used when they said that the W1 was sluggish compared to the stock turbo below 3000 rpm. How is it in daily driving. With my Si, I try to drive aground town near 2500 rpm as it is more responsive to the throttle than at lower rpm's. Do you know yet or can you speculate what rpm would be good to drive around town with the W1? Does it feel peppy around town?
The W1 tooktook me
My SI is my weekend driver. That being said I'm not too worried about getting great gas mileage so I drive it with a heavy foot. The hondata ethanol W1 base map is very different from the custom tune I had previous. On my custom tune boost would hit quicker in the RPM range but also drop off around 5000 RPM. With the W1 I hit Max boost later but it holds till Redline. I have gotten used to it and I'm okay with this because @4k rpm + car is a beast. I drive around town cruising at about 3-3500rpm to keep the responsiveness in the throttle.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@10GenPearlSi the base maps are to help get our customers started and are about 80% of the way to a really nice custom tune. The great thing is you can always get a custom tune that is tailored to your driving style.

incutebus

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FR-S, 21 Mk5 3.0 Supra, Lexus F-Sport
Country flag
The W1 tooktook me

My SI is my weekend driver. That being said I'm not too worried about getting great gas mileage so I drive it with a heavy foot. The hondata ethanol W1 base map is very different from the custom tune I had previous. On my custom tune boost would hit quicker in the RPM range but also drop off around 5000 RPM. With the W1 I hit Max boost later but it holds till Redline. I have gotten used to it and I'm okay with this because @4k rpm + car is a beast. I drive around town cruising at about 3-3500rpm to keep the responsiveness in the throttle.
When you mentioned custom tune. Was that with the stock turbo or the w1?