27WON Catback Exhaust for the SI. Clutch upgrade for Stage 1 tune needed?

1. Chrizniz

Chrizniz Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Car(s):
    Honda Civic Si Sedan 2019
    I have recently purchased the 27WON catback exhaust (only) and I’m looking to get it installed sometime next week as soon as I get it in the mail. I am also planning on getting a tune after the install, however, I was wondering if it’s actually necessary for me to upgrade the clutch for a stage 1 tune. The current mods I have are as follows: K&N Typhoon CAI and Mishimoto’s Intercooler with their custom piping. What do you guys think? Should I upgrade the clutch before a stage 1 tune after installing the catback? Let me know what u guys think! Thank u!

2. chuchu

chuchu Member

Car(s):
    2020 Si
    What are your power goals? Your clutch will last depending on how you drive it, but eventually, the extra power will burn it out quicker compared to stock. Of course, it would be nice to install everything at once if you have the means. If not, then your stock clutch will be okay for now. How long your clutch lasts depends on your driving habits.

Chrizniz thanked this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Chrizniz

Chrizniz Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Car(s):
    Honda Civic Si Sedan 2019
    I am planning on getting a downpipe and a front pipe installed later in the summer time. Also thinking of upgrading the camshaft, so as far as power goes, I’m hoping I can push this thing to at least 250HP. So I know I def need a performance clutch for stage 2. But for now, I just wanted to be sure if I’m going to be alright with the 3 mods I’m getting now. I guess I’ll have to double check with my mechanic at my auto tune up shop! Thanks for the advice!

4. Drew36

Drew36 Senior Member

First Name:
    Drew
    Car(s):
    2017 Honda Civic Si
    I have 44k miles on tsp stage 1 tune, prl cai. Not really any issues so far

Chrizniz thanked this.
  5. Jes_si562

Jes_si562 Senior Member

First Name:
    Jese
    Car(s):
    2018 civic si
    Yes you would need a clutch if you want to exactly put the power down and not slip the clutch

Chrizniz thanked this.