First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tightened the bolt to hold it on even more. I was shocked that it wasn't even tight. When I installed it it was torqued maxed out.
Oh ok, I hope that does it for you. I know it's not all of them that are having this issue, but a rather large percentage. I went through two sessions of hours of tightening it on there and it popping off and me redoing it over and over again. That's when I decided to try the grip tape and it stayed on first try and hasn't popped off since. That being said, yours may stay on just fine, just keep an eye on it.
Slightly off topic, but do you plan on changing the stock intercooler?
Sponsored

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh ok, I hope that does it for you. I know it's not all of them that are having this issue, but a rather large percentage. I went through two sessions of hours of tightening it on there and it popping off and me redoing it over and over again. That's when I decided to try the grip tape and it stayed on first try and hasn't popped off since. That being said, yours may stay on just fine, just keep an eye on it.
Slightly off topic, but do you plan on changing the stock intercooler?
Understandable, yes until Greddy releases their intercooler.

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Understandable, yes until Greddy releases their intercooler.
Oh, I didn't know Greddy will be releasing one. I was going to get the PRL one but apparently there are fitment issues with that intercooler and the 27won intake. People say it's still doable but I don't know if I want to go that route or wait for the 27won FMIC kit..

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, I didn't know Greddy will be releasing one. I was going to get the PRL one but apparently there are fitment issues with that intercooler and the 27won intake. People say it's still doable but I don't know if I want to go that route or wait for the 27won FMIC kit..
I think I saw a very small teaser of the fmic on a 27won instagram story. I already have the PRL fmic but I want the 27won intake so I’ll be eventually seeing how bad the fitment issue is. I heard it’s just a spot that may have rubbing against the Intercooler piping and you could easily put a little piece of foam or something on that spot

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm waiting to hear from others about a fmic that works with our Sport Tourings without issues. PRL makes a good product but that rubbing issue makes me uncomfortable.

Tempted to go the PRL route honestly in the summer next year if there is no good option fmic that works with the 27won intake.

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm waiting to hear from others about a fmic that works with our Sport Tourings without issues. PRL makes a good product but that rubbing issue makes me uncomfortable.

Tempted to go the PRL route honestly in the summer next year if there is no good option fmic that works with the 27won intake.
Yea, and there is still the Mishimoto one too. I am yet to hear about fitment issues with that one and the 27won intake. But Greddy is going to be releasing their fmic "soon" and I really am getting more and more curious about that one. May even be the one I'd most like to go with as long as it works with the 27won intake (already have the Greddy exhaust and am definitely very happy with it).

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out 27won's IG. Looks like they about to drop the FMIC real soon like within a day or so. I'm pretty pumped to hear about it. Tempted to give it a shot but curious about fitment, performance and price.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out 27won's IG. Looks like they about to drop the FMIC real soon like within a day or so. I'm pretty pumped to hear about it. Tempted to give it a shot but curious about fitment, performance and price.
That’s just a pic of the stock Intercooler because they’re dropping a blog going over the oem unit. Probably still a while before they finish working their magic

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s just a pic of the stock Intercooler because they’re dropping a blog going over the oem unit. Probably still a while before they finish working their magic
Ah you're right. Got ahead of myself lol

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah you're right. Got ahead of myself lol
Yes, breakdown blog for now. We have ways still, but we promise you it will be well worth the wait. ;)

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere that this intake had a smaller diameter MAF sensor housing than stock. Has anyone had issues with CELs or weird performance? I also want to make sure there's no loss in low end torque.

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought I read somewhere that this intake had a smaller diameter MAF sensor housing than stock. Has anyone had issues with CELs or weird performance? I also want to make sure there's no loss in low end torque.
I believe the non-si version is the same size for the MAF as stock, so that leads me to believe that the si version would be same size as stock too. I haven't had any major performance issues with this intake, but I also can't say that it's ever been able to actually perform because I've had all kinds of small issues with it. Be warned... The filter wouldn't stay on, kept popping off the airbox no matter how much you torqued it down. I was able to rig it to stay on. Then the other day I went to check on it, as I do very regularly since the filter issue, and the whole clear cover was completely off the airbox and the bolts are nowhere that I can see, so for all I know they're all just rattling around in the engine bay. This is simply unacceptable. I don't really even push my car that much, so this happened with just regular daily driving.. Also, there are interference issues with this intake and the PRL intercooler, maybe other intercoolers too, so keep that in mind. I've heard that some people are having issues with this intake rubbing on the CVT as well. That being said, yes, I have the CVT so maybe that is a cause for some of the intake problems I've encountered.. Outside of all that, IATs are fine but not great and fuel trims are acceptable but also not great.. Bottom line, I honestly think 27won still have some kinks to work out before this intake can be considered top of the line. But the damn thing sure does look good!

Gsnail13

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I believe the non-si version is the same size for the MAF as stock, so that leads me to believe that the si version would be same size as stock too. I haven't had any major performance issues with this intake, but I also can't say that it's ever been able to actually perform because I've had all kinds of small issues with it. Be warned... The filter wouldn't stay on, kept popping off the airbox no matter how much you torqued it down. I was able to rig it to stay on. Then the other day I went to check on it, as I do very regularly since the filter issue, and the whole clear cover was completely off the airbox and the bolts are nowhere that I can see, so for all I know they're all just rattling around in the engine bay. This is simply unacceptable. I don't really even push my car that much, so this happened with just regular daily driving.. Also, there are interference issues with this intake and the PRL intercooler, maybe other intercoolers too, so keep that in mind. I've heard that some people are having issues with this intake rubbing on the CVT as well. That being said, yes, I have the CVT so maybe that is a cause for some of the intake problems I've encountered.. Outside of all that, IATs are fine but not great and fuel trims are acceptable but also not great.. Bottom line, I honestly think 27won still have some kinks to work out before this intake can be considered top of the line. But the damn thing sure does look good!
I'm glad somebody brought this up, I'm also missing bolts on the lid area as well, only 2 but I'm sure the others are on the way out. Not sure how as I also barely push this car and I torqued them down like I was supposed too. The only way I noticed was because I do check the filter every now and then since people report it coming loose, I cant say I've ran into that problem yet though mine came pretty snug from them when I ordered it so I left it be.

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm glad somebody brought this up, I'm also missing bolts on the lid area as well, only 2 but I'm sure the others are on the way out. Not sure how as I also barely push this car and I torqued them down like I was supposed too. The only way I noticed was because I do check the filter every now and then since people report it coming loose, I cant say I've ran into that problem yet though mine came pretty snug from them when I ordered it so I left it be.
Yep, I had noticed that bolts were loosening over time so every so often I would pop the hood and tighten them down as I was needing to check on the filter anyway.. it seems like they were starting to loosen more and more often. I don't want to sound elitist or whatever, but a product that requires daily maintenance is simply inferior, especially when it's a simple intake.. a $400 itake. I can't know this for sure as I don't have one, but i'd be very surprised if the PRL Cobra requires daily maintenance...

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, I had noticed that bolts were loosening over time so every so often I would pop the hood and tighten them down as I was needing to check on the filter anyway.. it seems like they were starting to loosen more and more often. I don't want to sound elitist or whatever, but a product that requires daily maintenance is simply inferior, especially when it's a simple intake.. a $400 itake. I can't know this for sure as I don't have one, but i'd be very surprised if the PRL Cobra requires daily maintenance...
Thanks for the feedback and sharing with us your personal experience. As with everything in life, there is always room for improvement. I know as we grow and resources become more available we will continue to push the parts and learn, adjust, and refine with time.
Sponsored