$259.00 For Windshield Replacement - It this guy trolling?

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Per title, I don't have sensing and I provided my VIN to this guy. He stated it was $259 for the window and installation, this is in San Diego, California. Of course it's going to be Aftermarket, I don't expect OEM for that price. Has anyone else had gotten a windshield replacement for this price in California for a 2018 Civic Hatchback without sensing?

Here's the story....
I originally paid $99.00 for a windshield repair as I had a 11 Inch crack on Saturday. Not pleased (not at the business who repaired it, they said it would be a 70% repair and I agreed to it), he referred me to another shop with a discount since I gave him basically a hundred bucks for a reduced price of $275.00 + Taxes. I inquired through Yelp to let the guy know what the other shop told me. Little did I know, requesting a quote through Yelp pushes that question to other businesses so other businesses bit my inquiry.

I explained the situation to a competitor and they gave me the current price of $259.00 For the replacement and installation. I mean it sounds too good to be true, what are they gaining from this? How much will they benefit from this? Safelight gave a quote of $359.00. Can there truly be good souls?

Please share your thoughts.

Honda Civic 10th gen $259.00 For Windshield Replacement - It this guy trolling? damage

If it helps, they have 5 stars on yelp so it may be wrong of me to throw some shade at first for someone who may just have goodwill.
Sponsored

Last edited:

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Thats so expensive! For a new windshield?? The most should be $200. After all, its only a piece of glass.

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Per title, I don't have sensing and I provided my VIN to this guy. He stated it was $259 for the window and installation, this is in San Diego, California. Of course it's going to be Aftermarket, I don't expect OEM for that price. Has anyone else had gotten a windshield replacement for this price in California for a 2018 Civic Hatchback without sensing?

Here's the story....
I originally paid $99.00 for a windshield repair as I had a 11 Inch crack on Saturday. Not pleased (not at the business who repaired it, they said it would be a 70% repair and I agreed to it), he referred me to another shop with a discount since I gave him basically a hundred bucks for a reduced price of $275.00 + Taxes. I inquired through Yelp to let the guy know what the other shop told me. Little did I know, requesting a quote through Yelp pushes that question to other businesses so other businesses bit my inquiry.

I explained the situation to a competitor and they gave me the current price of $259.00 For the replacement and installation. I mean it sounds too good to be true, what are they gaining from this? How much will they benefit from this? Safelight gave a quote of $359.00. Can there truly be good souls?

Please share your thoughts.

damage.png

If it helps, they have 5 stars on yelp so it may be wrong of me to throw some shade at first for someone who may just have goodwill.
Wouldn't your insurance cover this? My insurance has always been a $100 deductible for windshield replacement.

SiGeddy

First Name
Geddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I had a baby crack in my windshield and safelite wanted 160 bucks to fix it. Found a guy to come fix it for 40 bucks. Safelite is expensive af

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Thats so expensive! For a new windshield?? The most should be $200. After all, its only a piece of glass.

Honda made a kind of sound proof windshield. I will not put jobber windshield unless more noise did not bother you

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Did you check with your dealer for glass cost/replacement? Not saying they are the best.. but they too might "have a guy" who does it for them, if only for the price reference point.

Some states do not require Ins Co to have glass replacement/cheap replacement coverage. When I lived in Mass, it was 0 dollars. They wanted to encourage good glass. In Va, there is not a requirement. So, for me, its $500 for the deductible or,usually just under $500 for a replacement. I had to replace two on my Sienna over the years. About $350-400 ea. $250-300 for a smaller Civic windshield seems fair.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag

OP
OP
aegeanbluecivic

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Wouldn't your insurance cover this? My insurance has always been a $100 deductible for windshield replacement.
So... I have a $1000.00 deductible, and yes I know.. I should honestly be shopping around to get a better deal. I'm with State Farm if that means anything for the past 8 years or so, but I would rather get this repaired out of pocket than making a claim.

To all others, in California it doesn't appear Windshields would be replaced for free unfortunately. If anyone knows an auto shop offering for less than $250.00 I'm all ears but I believe this is a really great price after doing some searches for an aftermarket product and install.

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
So... I have a $1000.00 deductible, and yes I know.. I should honestly be shopping around to get a better deal. I'm with State Farm if that means anything for the past 8 years or so, but I would rather get this repaired out of pocket than making a claim.

To all others, in California it doesn't appear Windshields would be replaced for free unfortunately. If anyone knows an auto shop offering for less than $250.00 I'm all ears but I believe this is a really great price after doing some searches for an aftermarket product and install.
That's crazy. Mine has always been $100 since I started driving. My current insurance company (Safeco) doesn't even offer a $1000 comp deductible. My comp portion of my insurance is $188 a year so I can't imagine having a deductible that high would save much money.
Sponsored