$25 Ebay smoked side markers

DmhCmh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring, 2002 Mazda Miata LS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought these about a month ago, and swapped them in. The install went great, they were a perfect fit with no play at all.
Over the weekend I was detailing the car and noticed the drivers' side one was loose, it would 'wiggle' noticeably when I touched it. I went to the passenger side, and when I touched it, the whole assembly popped out and dangled from the wire - the rear clip had broken off somehow.
Luckily I still had the stock ones, so I put them back in. As I did this, I also noted that the driver's side smoked marker had a good deal of water inside, so the sealing was great too.

Warranty? It's cheap Ebay, I'll try but won't expect much.

So...anyone else seen this - or checked your smoked side reflectors lately?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are these the Depo brand markers?

OP
OP
DmhCmh

DmhCmh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, the brand according to the seller is "88AERO".

cobrati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
Country flag
Yeah, the non oem ones are pretty bad. I bought clear ones after I purchased the car. Install was fine but a few days after I decided to put in LED bulbs. I took them out after driving home from work and swapped the bulbs but the driver side would barely stay clipped in. I think the heat from driving softened the plastic and the little part of the side marker that actually clips in had moved enough to not fit securely anymore. As this was maybe a week after I received them I reached out to the seller and they sent me a new one. Installed that new one and haven't had issues with it being loose. The driver side of these knock offs definitely has a leak somewhere though as mine too always has condensation in it.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, the brand according to the seller is "88AERO".
Thanks for clarifying. I purchased the Depo brand smoked side markers on eBay for just under $25 and was very impressed with the quality. I've always had good luck with that brand.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I would look into purchasing the Depo side markers. Those are the ones I plan on getting next.

OP
OP
DmhCmh

DmhCmh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for clarifying. I purchased the Depo brand smoked side markers on eBay for just under $25 and was very impressed with the quality. I've always had good luck with that brand.
I'll look for those, thanks for the tip! All $25 side markers are not equal apparently.

Cool5256018

First Name
Coolkid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I bought these about a month ago, and swapped them in. The install went great, they were a perfect fit with no play at all.
Over the weekend I was detailing the car and noticed the drivers' side one was loose, it would 'wiggle' noticeably when I touched it. I went to the passenger side, and when I touched it, the whole assembly popped out and dangled from the wire - the rear clip had broken off somehow.
Luckily I still had the stock ones, so I put them back in. As I did this, I also noted that the driver's side smoked marker had a good deal of water inside, so the sealing was great too.

Warranty? It's cheap Ebay, I'll try but won't expect much.

So...anyone else seen this - or checked your smoked side reflectors lately?
Same here, got my installed 2 months ago, now it wiggle and making noise when I press it. by the way its my second pair already. Contacted he eBay seller the first time, send the new one right a way, but not sure about this time.
Sponsored