245/40 R18 x 9.5 ET60 on stock height/OEM parts- Any issues running this setup?

doondy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've searched and searched through here trying to find if anyone is actually running the following set up with BC Forged wheels and stock/OEM everything:
245/40 R18 x 9.5 ET60

I'm using the following calculator and I am fairly confident that I should not run into any issues after hearing back from BC Forged saying that the wheels will clear the OEM Brembos, but wanted to see if anyone here is running this set up or if I may be missing something.

Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP

doondy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Absolutely no reason you should rub.
Thank you for the answer, I also saw this posted elsewhere, and now I'm wondering if running a 295/40 18x10 ET60 would cause any issues/rubbing...

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Thank you for the answer, I also saw this posted elsewhere, and now I'm wondering if running a 295/40 18x10 ET60 would cause any issues/rubbing...
That's going to be a very tall tire, you'd want to go down to a 35 if you went that wide.

I'd also point out that unless you're putting down a ton more power, there's really no reason to run anything that wide on this car.

OP
OP

doondy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
That's going to be a very tall tire, you'd want to go down to a 35 if you went that wide.

I'd also point out that unless you're putting down a ton more power, there's really no reason to run anything that wide on this car.
That's a very good point, would you say that running 9.5 wide rims is over kill? I really don't plan on changing anything else from stock, would just like to be able to start autocrossing and try to keep the ET60 offset with the wheels and I figured I'd get wider rims.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
That's a very good point, would you say that running 9.5 wide rims is over kill? I really don't plan on changing anything else from stock, would just like to be able to start autocrossing and try to keep the ET60 offset with the wheels and I figured I'd get wider rims.
I don’t think a 9.5” is overkill, but going over 265/35 without adding a lot more power is just more tire than the car needs and you’ll actually slow the car down overall due to rolling resistance.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Depending on your plans for autocross, and your plan to keep your car stock, you may want to check into the rules for wheel/tire sizes. Going with different size rims will likely put you in another class with more heavily modified cars.
Sponsored