2021 Limited Edition FK8 UK Price Confirmed

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was contacted today by my dealer here in the UK to inform me that Honda had selected me to be one of the lucky loyal customers eligible to order the LE 2021 Type R.

On the road price will be £39995.00 and only 20 RHD models will be available out of the 100 units being sold in Europe. Also had it confirmed that the European model will not have AC or head unit. To add to the fact the Euro spec FK8's have slightly more horsepower than US car from the factory and the weight reduction, then it is clear that Honda are gunning for Renault over the Nuremberg ring lap time record that. And the best thing, The LE will be half the price of the Renault Megane and have a back seat, as well as better reliability.

I will keep you all informed as I know more.....

Stephen
Sponsored

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
no point having passengers if there is no air con or anything to keep them entertained! Can hardly listen to the sweet engine note or standard exhaust! Might as well of got rid of the back seats as well...

Stephen u said you bought a couple of civics but do you also have a history of Type r purchases?

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
How much is MSRP in UK? 32k pounds?
~45K USD but that's not what they will go for. Also, It's already known they may not have info units or certain comfort features.., parts of insulation, AC, Honda Sense (which is giving and taking away to make money?) etc.

IMO, seems silly but to each his own. Most people will end up swapping wheels out, tuning, etc. Lighter weight likely means a loss in insulation. They stole my already chrome black badge I've been running since day one. Still like black.

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you inquire about it at all, or they just sent you a letter out of the blue?
I have a great relationship with two local dealers. As I buy and sell lot s of genuine Honda parts through my business and the fact that I bought two new Civics locally in the last 18 months means I get looked after very well.

Stephen

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
Personally, I like the concept - but not loving the yellow colour...
The current FK8 I have has been a fab car and think I'm actually going to hang on it it for a long while to come!
Sponsored