2021 Civic Type R Limited Edition: Ultimate Track-Focused Type R Coming to America

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have been reading about this track edition past few hours.
I do think this is a very weak track edition..
Not much a different compare to regular 2020
Cant they at least lower the weight more by using real carbon front splitter sideskirt and real diffuser, add a CF roof and CF hood? Down size the wheel to 19"..give a new tune to the engine so the power goes up abit?

I get it the regular type r is a great car
. But if you going to make a limited track version.. then it has to be done with intention .. not just spray yellow color on it.. swap a black roof and and mirror cap the LX trim..
Sponsored

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
I would buy one just to daily it forsure:headbang:

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I think both the 2020 and this new track edition are pretty cool. i definitely see some improvements. I like that the button above the driving mode switch will not be to turn traction on and off. i like the new shift knob. The new 20 forged BBS's are cool but we all know that 20s aren't the best size wheel for this car. i have the Js Racing grill on order and that grill allows way more airflow than the new 2020 grill. The one thing i hope we all get is that new app. I haven't read anything that says it's specific to the 2020 or 2021 model but all that info would be useful.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gorgeous color. But sort of an opportunity missed to truly make it track ready. How about delete the problematic Honda sensing suite, build in a roll cage and five point racing harness, include a custom sized matching helmet, and oh yeah, leave the rear wiper alone but throw in a few more hp, racing brakes, and delete the rear seats to save weight. Too much?

HondaRedbullF1

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Gorgeous color. But sort of an opportunity missed to truly make it track ready. How about delete the problematic Honda sensing suite, build in a roll cage and five point racing harness, include a custom sized matching helmet, and oh yeah, leave the rear wiper alone but throw in a few more hp, racing brakes, and delete the rear seats to save weight. Too much?[/QUOT
Gorgeous color. But sort of an opportunity missed to truly make it track ready. How about delete the problematic Honda sensing suite, build in a roll cage and five point racing harness, include a custom sized matching helmet, and oh yeah, leave the rear wiper alone but throw in a few more hp, racing brakes, and delete the rear seats to save weight. Too much?
The TCR already accomplished this. They didn’t do at a whole lot with the limited edition, but I’m sure Honda won’t mark up the price significantly. It will be the dealerships that screw us over on price

Type aah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8, RS Megane R26, 911 GT3 RS 4.0
Country flag
I wonder if the 2021 suspension parts will be available? I want that track suspension.
More info on https://www.civicx.com/threads/2020-civic-type-r-price-announced-at-36-995-a-695-increase.46309/
'The suspension for the 2020 Civic Type R has also been updated for more responsive and sharper handling. The Adaptive Damper System’s control software now evaluates road conditions 10 times faster, resulting in improved damper reactions for both better handling response and ride quality. The rear bushings for the lower B-arm have been stiffened, resulting in better toe-in characteristics when cornering. In front, updated compliance bushings (10 percent stiffer longitudinally) and new lower-friction ball joints result in sharper steering feel for better control.

Last edited:

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
Got my deposit on one! 1st in line in my area! :dance:

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wtf is the point of the Sportline? I don't get it.
I'm wondering the same because doesn't it have a different engine?
Never mind just saw another post where they state it has the same engine but it is more focused on comfort with suspension tuning.

Last edited:

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only thing that really bothers me is that the 2020's get the LogR app and pre- 2020 cars are not compatible with this app. Why Honda why?!?!?