2020 Type-R Parts

sokrispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Will most of these parts be bolt on with earlier model. (Grill, rotors and vent pieces?
Grille and front vents should be direct bolt on.

I know for a fact that the rear vents won't fit without modification, a member elsewhere on this site tried to put revised hatch vents on his FK7 and they didn't fit. The revised rear vents protrude inward so you'd have to cut a ton of plastic off the bumper.
Sponsored

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
so think the car will be heavier than the last ones with the changes? That would mean same power and more weight the car would technically be slower than the 17-19?
The only extra weight would be the sensing stuff, which was already in some markets in 17-19 and probably doesn't weigh enough to make a meaningful difference.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
The only extra weight would be the sensing stuff, which was already in some markets in 17-19 and probably doesn't weigh enough to make a meaningful difference.
Well different brakes rotors and "suspension changes" I figure all add up. Was just curious I've always read 100 lbs is 10 HP. So if its 100 heavier then its technically like taking 10hp away. Doesn't take much to add 100 lbs Will have to wait and see weight specs I guess. Was just curious.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Hey boosted, can you let me know when your Honda contact has the grille in stock? Leaning towards getting one too.

yeah. From the looks of it though, it seems like it'll fit.

I was kind of already ready to buy them if needed for the EVS grill so i was kind of already prepared for that lol.

possibly. Wonder if they last any better than current stock ones. I'm leaning towards the gyrodiscs either way so it's not too big of a deal for me.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Hey boosted, can you let me know when your Honda contact has the grille in stock? Leaning towards getting one too.
don't get your hopes up for any time soon since it hasn't even been announced for sale here in the states yet lol.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I wonder if they changes the air intake scoop because if I remember correctly, the upper opening on the grille is where the air intake scoop is routed to. Now that itā€™s no longer there, do they make it bigger so it can take air from the lower opening?

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kinda curious if the new dampers are actually different dampers, or just updated damper control calibrations....

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Surely not - the OEM '17-'19 rotors are super cheap. If they're anywhere close in price, OEM 2 piece will be way cheaper.
We'll have to see. Did some research yesterday and Brembo replacement rings if you can find them are almost as much as a brand new set of Girodiscs. Evo X MR came with two piece and no one has found replacement rings for under $700 a pair.

edit: Hopefully there is some kind of standard sizing. Girodisc sells replacement Brembo/Stoptech rings as a pair for around $650 shipped.

Last edited:

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
me too but girodiscs are probably cheaper. I was going to get the evs grille but i may just wait till winter for the 2020 grille since it should just bolt right up.
EVS grill is just a cut OEM grill. They will both clip in the same

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
EVS grill is just a cut OEM grill. They will both clip in the same
yeah i know that evs is just a cut oem one. I was talking about the 2020 grille bolting onto the 17-19 bumpers.
The current grille is like $120 so if its anything close to that price for the new one i'd rather get the 2020 oem one over the $400 cut oem one that evs offers.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
yeah i know that evs is just a cut oem one. I was talking about the 2020 grille bolting onto the 17-19 bumpers.
The current grille is like $120 so if its anything close to that price for the new one i'd rather get the 2020 oem one over the $400 cut oem one that evs offers.
I too will probably pick one of these up, especially if it's at a much cheaper price than the aftermarket ones.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
We'll have to see. Did some research yesterday and Brembo replacement rings if you can find them are almost as much as a brand new set of Girodiscs. Evo X MR came with two piece and no one has found replacement rings for under $700 a pair.

edit: Hopefully there is some kind of standard sizing. Girodisc sells replacement Brembo/Stoptech rings as a pair for around $650 shipped.
Yeah, most cars with Brembo 2 piece rotors don't have replacement rings unless someone has made one in the aftermarket. You just have to buy the rotor + hat as it comes from Brembo all over again.

It all just depends on price point. On the B7 RS4 (car I had before the CTR), Brembo front rotors are ~$600 for 2. Aftermarket companies (similar to Girodisc) make $1000 brake kits where you re-use the hats. Up front, the costs are a lot higher for the aftermarket solution, but the rotor rings are a bit cheaper ($350 for a set). Breakeven point is 4 sets of rotors/rings.

It'll likely be similar on the CTR. If you go through 3/4 sets of rotors, it's probably long term cheaper to buy Girodisc and then replacement rings. But unless you are really heavily tracking, 3/4 sets of rotors is probably ~150k miles of use. I don't plan on owning the car anywhere close to that long so I'll stick with Brembo.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
Front grill is different. More air.
They reduced the size of the upper vent and marginally increased the size of the larger vent on the grill. Expect the same result as the eBay grills. Next to nothing.

Iā€™m interested in seeing the results from those that switch.

Last edited: