2020 si

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
planning on buying a 2020 si in the next few months.
those of who that have full bolts on and tunes what is the max HP you can get out of these with 91 Octane (best gas i can get)

Also will the Ktuner i have on my 2017 hatchback work on the SI ? or they different
And curios for those that have the sedan or coup what are your thoughts on those 2 body styles I like the look of the coup but me being 6'2" im not sure how comfortable it be since i read you cant adjust the seatbelt height like you can in the sedan
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
You’ll fit in the Coupe, but you may feel a bit cramped. Any taller than 6’2”, i wouldn't recommend. Si seats are pretty snug if you’re pushin’ 225+ lbs as well.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Im 6"1 and im scrapping my hair against the ceiling with the seat to the floor and the seatback in the most upright position.

three86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I am 6'5" 230lbs and fit great in the sedan. I have plenty of head room even with the seat almost all the way up (although I keep it down lower). I like to drive with the seat pretty far forward (when my butt is all the way back in the seat the steering column comes to my knee if I put it right under it) and I have the steering all the way out and down from all the way up just a bit. In that position I fit in the back seat behind the driver with plenty of leg room and just enough head room. I came from a 2015 wrx which had about the same room but I feel like the civic's seats are more comfortable (I had leather on the wrx). Both seats are comfortable to me but I like the civic better and not sliding around leather.

On the coup there is not enough head room in the back, I don't like the heavier door and getting in and out of the back is no fun. I occasionally haul my tall teenage kids so coup wasn't an option. On a side note BRZ/FR-S does not work for me with my legs and I couldn't drive that. The wrx has plenty of room but civic si sedan feels like more room although slightly less visibility out the windows. Transmission on the civic feels much better to me than the wrx and the electronics/air conditioning/driving info/stereo/camera/cup holder/front storage area also is a lot better.

Not sure about the tuning and the hp but I had my wrx tuned over 300hp with under 5sec 0-60. It was fast and grippy but my stock civic si is a lot more fun and feels faster. I know it is actually quite a bit slower if I had to race my old car but the feeling is faster because the torque on the wrx was so linear. Also there is less body roll on the wrx but I have realized that driving fun doesn't come from having the "best" handling and 0-60. Soccer moms in model3's are gonna smoke you either way off a stoplight.

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any KTuner will work on the new Si.

As for coupe vs sedan, I’ve always been a coupe guy. Something about a 4 door car makes it feel less sporty to me. That said, you’ll probably be a bit cramped in the coupe. I’m sure you’ll figure that out on a test drive. Good luck!

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
The coup has 1" less front headroom which is ok with me (with the seat lower) and 2.3" less in the back which is not comfortable for me.
Yeah there is no way id fit comfortably in my preferred driving position if i had a coup. Even if they do look twice as good

OP
OP

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thanks for the replies the coup does look more sporty but from the sounds of it the sedan be a better fit for me. love my hatchback sport but just want a bit more sporty of a car and the type R is a bit out of my price range

Danimal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m 6’ tall and skinny and the coupe has tons of room for me and my family (2 boys, 10 and 7). Head room is not an issue for me, but I’m shorter. Getting in and out with the long doors, low seats, and low roof is a bit awkward, especially when I have my work bag.

Test drive and get in and out of both a few times, and then get the coupe or you’ll regret it.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Any KTuner will work on the new Si.

As for coupe vs sedan, I’ve always been a coupe guy. Something about a 4 door car makes it feel less sporty to me. That said, you’ll probably be a bit cramped in the coupe. I’m sure you’ll figure that out on a test drive. Good luck!
The sedan is a little more mature and practical. For this particular car, I just like the coupe a lot more looks wise though. It also feels a little sportier in my opinion too. Could just be the butt feels though. I drove a blue coupe and sedan back to back before making a decision. Drove home with the coupe that night. Said F it if I look like a young kid in this thing lol

Last edited:

DLEGAIR

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
planning on buying a 2020 si in the next few months.
those of who that have full bolts on and tunes what is the max HP you can get out of these with 91 Octane (best gas i can get)

Also will the Ktuner i have on my 2017 hatchback work on the SI ? or they different
And curios for those that have the sedan or coup what are your thoughts on those 2 body styles I like the look of the coup but me being 6'2" im not sure how comfortable it be since i read you cant adjust the seatbelt height like you can in the sedan
I'm about 6'1 205 and I fit alright. Your head will touch the roof just beware and if you're a stocky fellow then the seats will be kinda snug. Other than that you should be comfy.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I am 6'5" 230lbs and fit great in the sedan. I have plenty of head room even with the seat almost all the way up (although I keep it down lower). I like to drive with the seat pretty far forward (when my butt is all the way back in the seat the steering column comes to my knee if I put it right under it) and I have the steering all the way out and down from all the way up just a bit. In that position I fit in the back seat behind the driver with plenty of leg room and just enough head room. I came from a 2015 wrx which had about the same room but I feel like the civic's seats are more comfortable (I had leather on the wrx). Both seats are comfortable to me but I like the civic better and not sliding around leather.

On the coup there is not enough head room in the back, I don't like the heavier door and getting in and out of the back is no fun. I occasionally haul my tall teenage kids so coup wasn't an option. On a side note BRZ/FR-S does not work for me with my legs and I couldn't drive that. The wrx has plenty of room but civic si sedan feels like more room although slightly less visibility out the windows. Transmission on the civic feels much better to me than the wrx and the electronics/air conditioning/driving info/stereo/camera/cup holder/front storage area also is a lot better.

Not sure about the tuning and the hp but I had my wrx tuned over 300hp with under 5sec 0-60. It was fast and grippy but my stock civic si is a lot more fun and feels faster. I know it is actually quite a bit slower if I had to race my old car but the feeling is faster because the torque on the wrx was so linear. Also there is less body roll on the wrx but I have realized that driving fun doesn't come from having the "best" handling and 0-60. Soccer moms in model3's are gonna smoke you either way off a stoplight.
How often do you see people with Teslas actually driving them hard?
Sponsored