2020 si refresh?

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
I currently have a 2018 si coupe and it's incredible! I am eligible to order a new car in about 8-10 months so I know it'll be within the 2020 model year. Does anyone know about potential changes? A major refresh would be nice. I'm kinda worried about it not being an upgrade.
Sponsored

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Considering they just "refreshed" it for 2019 with the volume knob and other minor things... i would think probably not. Maybe we'll get a whole new one in 2022?

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
I plan to enjoy my 2018 until the 11th gen is released (unless a new gen wrx hatch or GTI pulls me away from Honda again).
To me a refresh is not worth it, but a completely new redesign is. This will be difficult as i have not kept a car for more than a year since 2012.

I do love this Si though :)

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
I currently have a 2018 si coupe and it's incredible! I am eligible to order a new car in about 8-10 months so I know it'll be within the 2020 model year. Does anyone know about potential changes? A major refresh would be nice. I'm kinda worried about it not being an upgrade.
sounds like the old days when you would eligible for a phone upgrade! Why upgrade at all if you like what you have?

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
yeah they already refreshed the interior, but maybe theyll give the exterior a refresh this time. itll be its 4th year in production so probably.

but anyways, the 9th gen si prob has the record for most refreshes.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
but anyways, the 9th gen si prob has the record for most refreshes.
Yeah... I think 12-13-14 all had notable differences. 14-15 didn't change I think. I had a '15. It also only lasted for 4 years... so there was a lot of change to try to make it more palatable to the critics which were panning it badly.

Since it just got a minor refresh as a '19 and was released originally late as a '17 model, other than minor changes, I bet this is it for major changes until gen 11 in 2-4 years. If you're buying at the start if the 2020 model year, you're certainly buying in the last 1/2 of this generation in it's 4th model year. I think that's the first year that the new model GTI with 250 hp is released... which always seemed like one of Honda's biggest competitors. The Civic may start to be considered a bit aged so far as the competition by then... though I expect it'll still review very favorably at it's price point. We'll just have to see.

OP
OP
Gino27

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
sounds like the old days when you would eligible for a phone upgrade! Why upgrade at all if you like what you have?
I am lucky enough to take advantage of my Dad’s Honda employee lease program so long as I live at home. You get to order a car every 18 months and keep it for 2 years. I graduate HS in 2021 so this’ll be last one I get.

Joesterslim

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe Rally Red, 1992 Honda Accord EX
Country flag
The 10th gen civic came out in 2016 and that year there was no SI or Type R. Honda usually changes their body styles every four years. 2020 will most likely see the 11th gen civic but with no SI or Type R available...

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
SI and hatch are due for a exterior refresh for the 2020 model year. The sedan and coupe non Si had there refresh for the 19 model year

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
VTEC.net often provides a pretty good point in time forecast for model changes (updated infrequently, but fairly recently), 2020 will see a mid cycle refresh, and a full model refresh beyond 2021. That's a long lifecycle for the CivicX!

Perhaps Honda can get away with that given the current sedan market, what with Ford and Chrysler exiting.

https://vtec.net/modelmatrix/

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I am lucky enough to take advantage of my Dad’s Honda employee lease program so long as I live at home. You get to order a car every 18 months and keep it for 2 years. I graduate HS in 2021 so this’ll be last one I get.
You're living the life my friend! I had a hand me down 2nd gen Mazda mx-6 in HS. Pretty decent car for its day but no comparison to a brand new Si.

Enjoy your sports car responsibly ;)

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Much like Windows only every 2nd generation of Civics are big improvements, wait for the 12th gens!

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
I plan to enjoy my 2018 until the 11th gen is released (unless a new gen wrx hatch or GTI pulls me away from Honda again).
To me a refresh is not worth it, but a completely new redesign is. This will be difficult as i have not kept a car for more than a year since 2012.

I do love this Si though :)
Im in the same situation , looking forward to see the new 2020 WRX and GTI
I feel my SI will be completely outclassed abd it may be the time for me to make a moove...
I don’t expect much more HP from the 1.5T ( honda will not make compromises on durability ) .
Maybe an ILX with a detuned 2.0t and the civic chassis could and should be a good option

OP
OP
Gino27

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
Im in the same situation , looking forward to see the new 2020 WRX and GTI
I feel my SI will be completely outclassed abd it may be the time for me to make a moove...
I don’t expect much more HP from the 1.5T ( honda will not make compromises on durability ) .
Maybe an ILX with a detuned 2.0t and the civic chassis could and should be a good option
I truly think the SI has enough power for the street. I'm more concerned about competitors catching up in styling.
Sponsored