2020 Si: Platinum White Pearl vs. Modern Steel Metallic?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently have 2018 Coupe in MSM and I have to say I really do love this color. Was going to upgrade to the 2020 and my dealer only has MSM, I'd probably have to wait for a while or hunt another dealer for a white coupe because none have it near me.

What do you guys think is the better color? I know it's all opinion but maybe I just need to be swayed to get another MSM or wait for a PWP.

MSM looks amazing right after a wash, maintains a very classy elegant look, goes great with black, and looks clean for a while.

PWP also maintians a classy elegant look, goes great with black, and (could) look clean for a while.

Such a dilemma lol.
My vote is for MSM!
(then again, I own a '19 MSM Si Coupe ... so I AM a bit biased)

White (even the Pearl White) just looks too "rental fleet" to me ...

Good luck, and congrats on your upgrade ... regardless of color choice!

Edit: I see that you have signed for the Pearl White they found in NJ ... CONGRATS!
Sponsored

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My vote is for MSM!
(then again, I own a '19 MSM Si Coupe ... so I AM a bit biased)

White (even the Pearl White) just looks too "rental fleet" to me ...

Good luck, and congrats on your upgrade ... regardless of color choice!

Edit: I see that you have signed for the Pearl White they found in NJ ... CONGRATS!
Haha thank you brotha!!

Yeah MSM is a gorgeous color and was my first pick with my 2018, so damn pretty in the sun and such an underrated color.

But my first car I got which was my 9th gen civic I got in MSM and I just wanted to change it up. I think the white really pops on our civics and goes great with all the black accents, I'm super stoked to pick it up!

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks all for your responses!! Went to the dealership yesterday and the salesman managed to locate a white coupe in Jersey. Signed for it yesterday and just got my VIN number :’)

Side by side, I would’ve went white. Picking her up Saturday!!
Congrats my man!!

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Thanks all for your responses!! Went to the dealership yesterday and the salesman managed to locate a white coupe in Jersey. Signed for it yesterday and just got my VIN number :’)

Side by side, I would’ve went white. Picking her up Saturday!!
Congratulations!
Got mine in Nov, and I'm still on my honeymoon with it.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats my man!!
Congratulations!
Got mine in Nov, and I'm still on my honeymoon with it.
Thank you my brothas I appreciate it. I feel like the change from 2018 to 2020 is pretty substantial for a refresh, I'm definitely excited to fall back in love with this car all over again

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Love my PWP especially after a bath.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Si: Platinum White Pearl vs. Modern Steel Metallic? 861758238720_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=Rder4TXn75MAX9E3mnr&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

zerointerrupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
Currently have 2018 Coupe in MSM and I have to say I really do love this color. Was going to upgrade to the 2020 and my dealer only has MSM, I'd probably have to wait for a while or hunt another dealer for a white coupe because none have it near me.

What do you guys think is the better color? I know it's all opinion but maybe I just need to be swayed to get another MSM or wait for a PWP.

MSM looks amazing right after a wash, maintains a very classy elegant look, goes great with black, and looks clean for a while.

PWP also maintians a classy elegant look, goes great with black, and (could) look clean for a while.

Such a dilemma lol.
I wanted a white as well, as i was trading a ST hatch in PMM. White was a 1-3 month wait and being a petulant and impatient child i took what they had available which was only MSM. I am curious as to why on the hatches its PMM and everything else its MSM

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wanted a white as well, as i was trading a ST hatch in PMM. White was a 1-3 month wait and being a petulant and impatient child i took what they had available which was only MSM. I am curious as to why on the hatches its PMM and everything else its MSM
I think PMM has a little bit more of that "purplish" tint or a blue hue when clean and in the sun and MSM is more subdued and straight gray.

But yeah it definitely seems like white is the hot color, I barely see any at dealerships at least around me. Got super lucky that one managed to get off a trailer and to a dealer

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It could be where the Hatch is made.
ALL hatchbacks are made in England, but Coupes and Sedans are made in North America.
If I had to guess, there might be some environmental regulations that prevent the MSM being used in England ... Perhaps one of the "ingredients" in MSM isn't allowed in the UK?

I'd love to do a direct "Compare and Contrast" with my MSM parked next to a PMM ... to evaluate the difference. (both cars freshly washed and waxed, with no pollen in the air ... and there's LOTS of pollen down here, right now)

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It could be where the Hatch is made.
ALL hatchbacks are made in England, but Coupes and Sedans are made in North America.
If I had to guess, there might be some environmental regulations that prevent the MSM being used in England ... Perhaps one of the "ingredients" in MSM isn't allowed in the UK?

I'd love to do a direct "Compare and Contrast" with my MSM parked next to a PMM ... to evaluate the difference. (both cars freshly washed and waxed, with no pollen in the air ... and there's LOTS of pollen down here, right now)
https://imgur.com/a/UrmMQ

Here is a picture difference between the both on the CRV, MSM on the right and PMM on the left

EconoBox

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love my PWP 2020 SI. But... I have to wash it at the least every single weekend. It shows every speck of dirt, dust, pollen, etc. The rear of the car just seems to suck dirt/soot from the exhaust to it and looks dirty within a day of driving.

My friend has an MSM 2019 SI Sedan and he is terrible about keeping up with washing it, and it still looks pretty good after a month with no wash.

When it's clean though I definitely like my PWP more.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Si: Platinum White Pearl vs. Modern Steel Metallic? IMG_6040

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love my PWP 2020 SI. But... I have to wash it at the least every single weekend. It shows every speck of dirt, dust, pollen, etc. The rear of the car just seems to suck dirt/soot from the exhaust to it and looks dirty within a day of driving.

My friend has an MSM 2019 SI Sedan and he is terrible about keeping up with washing it, and it still looks pretty good after a month with no wash.

When it's clean though I definitely like my PWP more.

IMG_6040.jpg
Yeah with my MSM I can give it one wash and it'll generally look good for a while after driving through different weather conditions.

To me at least I kind of enjoy washing my car and will definitely enjoy it a lot more now that the weather is warming up. Definitely going to look into getting a monthly wash pass since I'm picking up my PWP after work today :)

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just picked her up :) So thankful I got lucky, the PWP is absolutely gorgeous

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Si: Platinum White Pearl vs. Modern Steel Metallic? IMG_4590