saulvb

First Name
saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Anybody out there that has bought a 2020 Si in the Los Angeles are? What kind of price did you pay? I am looking at getting an Si sedan but want to know what to expect price wise before I step into a dealership.
Sponsored

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Hi Saul,
I'm in the same boat, and live in Long Beach. I'm still selling my trade-in private party so that's holding me up from buying right now.
But the best price I've found so far [without being sitting at the desk ready to buy] is $23,7 before TTL , and $26,7 OTD.
Let me know how you do.
Thanks,

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
If you have Costco membership, take that route. You will get the best price (negotiated by Costco Auto), and dealers are not allowed to pressure you. Here is the link: https://www.costcoauto.com/

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have Costco membership, take that route. You will get the best price (negotiated by Costco Auto), and dealers are not allowed to pressure you. Here is the link: https://www.costcoauto.com/
Random question. If my dad has a Costco membership (and not myself), does that work for me to use it? Not saying I would but I did wonder about if they would allow family to use it.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
YMMV: The internet price (dealers sent me their offers) i paid for my 2018 SI was better than Costco price.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Random question. If my dad has a Costco membership (and not myself), does that work for me to use it? Not saying I would but I did wonder about if they would allow family to use it.
If you dad can come with you to the dealership...

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Therein lies the rub.
Is the Costco price better than you could negotiate yourself?
And how would the dealer 'take it' if you came in with the agreed Costco price and than proceeded to negotiate a better price from there?
Is Costco getting something from a completed sale at their negotiated price?
Costco doesn't tell you their negotiated price until you go to the dealer, and talk to the Costco rep at the dealer.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, that should not be a problem. You would just need to have his Costco membership number

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Therein lies the rub.
Is the Costco price better than you could negotiate yourself?
And how would the dealer 'take it' if you came in with the agreed Costco price and than proceeded to negotiate a better price from there?
Is Costco getting something from a completed sale at their negotiated price?
Costco doesn't tell you their negotiated price until you go to the dealer, and talk to the Costco rep at the dealer.
I was able to negotiate a lower price than the Costco price. When I bought my 2018, the Costco negotiated price was $22,400. I offered a month later by email to the sales person $22K, I would buy right than and there, and they agreed. Of course it depends on the dealership

Because Costco Auto required the dealer to share the invoice price, I knew how much "fat" I could cut and not make everyone uncomfortable. BTW, Costco Auto is actually not Costco, but a company contracted thru Costco, and they have to follow Costco customer service guidelines

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought invoice price is public info.
Nope. There is the "public" invoice the dealer shows you, and there is the actual invoice they don't show you. Consumer Reports will share the actual invoice price if you are a subscriber. How do I know this? I have a friend who is a sales manager at a dealership in SoCal

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Nope. There is the "public" invoice the dealer shows you, and there is the actual invoice they don't show you. Consumer Reports will share the actual invoice price if you are a subscriber. How do I know this? I have a friend who is a sales manager at a dealership in SoCal
Good to know and thanks for the info.

OP
OP

saulvb

First Name
saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic si
Country flag
Hi Saul,
I'm in the same boat, and live in Long Beach. I'm still selling my trade-in private party so that's holding me up from buying right now.
But the best price I've found so far [without being sitting at the desk ready to buy] is $23,7 before TTL , and $26,7 OTD.
Let me know how you do.
Thanks,
got mine for $27K our the door. The Dealers that I was working with were so full of crap. I had so many of them bring me in thinking they had the color that I wanted only to find out they were trying to get me into whatever they had in stock at really high price. Patience and perseverance got me the car I wanted and the color I wanted. L.A. area prices are pretty high compared to what a lot of people here paid but I think it wasn't too bad of a gouging considering I bought it in December before they got rid of some of the 2019's. I will post some pics as soon as get a chance.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
got mine for $27K our the door. The Dealers that I was working with were so full of crap. I had so many of them bring me in thinking they had the color that I wanted only to find out they were trying to get me into whatever they had in stock at really high price. Patience and perseverance got me the car I wanted and the color I wanted. L.A. area prices are pretty high compared to what a lot of people here paid but I think it wasn't too bad of a gouging considering I bought it in December before they got rid of some of the 2019's. I will post some pics as soon as get a chance.
Congratulations Saul!
I think you got a great deal here in the LA area.
27.K is the exact same price I payed OTD!
Sponsored