Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Yes, it's simulated. It's "piped in", not "fake". It's a somewhat confusing theme and the terms are different. It's not an engine noise of a completely different engine, like a V8 in a car with an L4 engine. It's a realistic representation. :)
I dont see where anyone said fake besides you.
Sponsored

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I dont see where anyone said fake besides you.
Fake or piped in are the two separate terms people have used while reviewing it. It is not specific to this thread.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fake or piped in are the two separate terms people have used while reviewing it. It is not specific to this thread.
Well everyone, stay tuned, I’m going to try to retrofit a piped in audio solution to a non 2020 (in my case, 2019). I’ll post up what I did here in about 2 hours.
Im pretty curious. Good on you for trying!

Danimal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah I’m real interested in what you find!

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Also just ordered a Ford Focus ST sound Symposer from Ebay for 22$. The system that ford used utilizes a little box that connects to the intake that has a "reed," pretty much a membrane that vibrates when air hits it. I'm going to plug that into my sound tube and it should create a real growl when you get on the gas.
l was not on the rowing team ... But ... to get into the university of Southern California I photo snapped myself into the rowing club of my local school system. I mean it's all gravy baby. Right?

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Here's a video I captured with Sport Mode enabled and Active Sound in effect -

Personally, I think it compliments the engine sound nicely. It's not over the top to the point where it sounds fake or artificial. It really just gives it a little more growl inside the cabin which is actually pretty satisfying. I would have still bought the car whether it had it or not but to me it's a nice little bonus on top of all the other cool features.

therealdede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan, Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
Here's a video I captured with Sport Mode enabled and Active Sound in effect -

Personally, I think it compliments the engine sound nicely. It's not over the top to the point where it sounds fake or artificial. It really just gives it a little more growl inside the cabin which is actually pretty satisfying. I would have still bought the car whether it had it or not but to me it's a nice little bonus on top of all the other cool features.
I mean I would have to actually hear it in person, but from this video it sounds pretty good especially on the low end.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
to be honest, I haven’t even gotten the car yet, but I have Honda iN access. There don’t appear to be any DTCs associated with no communication with that module, so just unplugging it should work just fine.
Looks like you were right!

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
I'm sure I'm in the minority here as to this, but I don't mind and sorta prefer the 'enhanced' sound in Sport mode. It's not overly loud either way. Furthermore, most of these aftermarket exhaust options on this small turbo 4 cylinder are silly sounding....again, MY opinion. I think Honda did the right thing here; it's not like they are playing sounds of a straightpiped Mini Cooper or anything.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah in sport mode it really helps you hear the revs when driving hard. Helps alot with rev matching my down shifts

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
If it's one module, you would think that it could be retrofit-able. Though changing out the wiring harness would be a nightmare.
Sponsored