2020 Si has Simulated Exhaust Sound??

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
well I am going to try to figure out what parts can be purchased to add this to a non 2020
Any luck on this? I'd be interested too. But definitely not if it means messing with the entire infotainment unit etc. :(

I disagree with most of y'all in this thread - I think this is an awesome feature. Especially the ability to have it on or not (in Sport mode).

gmalkmus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Any luck on this? I'd be interested too. But definitely not if it means messing with the entire infotainment unit etc. :(

I disagree with most of y'all in this thread - I think this is an awesome feature. Especially the ability to have it on or not (in Sport mode).
Agreed, I'd put it in sport mode just for giggles. I am hoping that this is just a plug and play module, and not a "replace-the-infotainment" kind of deal. Can't find anything on parts websites yet though. Hopefully people who don't like the feature will figure out how to "delete" it and sell the parts to me and you!

gmalkmus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
https://www.hondapartsconnection.com/oem-parts/honda-asc-unit-39200tbfa11

Ok guys, I think this is the part to add the simulated engine sound. It's called the "ASC unit" where I'm "assuming" that ASC means Active Sound Control. However, there is zero information about where this unit goes or what it plugs into to fit a non-2020 Si. Honestly, we would need a 2020 owner to track down the ASC unit to see how it connects to determine if it would work on a non 2020.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
https://www.hondapartsconnection.com/oem-parts/honda-asc-unit-39200tbfa11

Ok guys, I think this is the part to add the simulated engine sound. It's called the "ASC unit" where I'm "assuming" that ASC means Active Sound Control. However, there is zero information about where this unit goes or what it plugs into to fit a non-2020 Si. Honestly, we would need a 2020 owner to track down the ASC unit to see how it connects to determine if it would work on a non 2020.
Hmmm does look like it's a new part for the 2020 Si's only, so maybe?
Any 2020 peeps have more info on the sound and where you actually hear it coming from? I.e. is it channeled through just the center speaker?

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Hmmm does look like it's a new part for the 2020 Si's only, so maybe?
Any 2020 peeps have more info on the sound and where you actually hear it coming from? I.e. is it channeled through just the center speaker?
Its coming from both tweeters, the front dash speaker and both door speakers. Most pronounced through the tweeter and dash speaker. But the noise definatly comes out of all front five to some degree. You can feel the vibrations with your hands, from the engine noise, as you rise through the rev range.

therealdede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan, Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
its located behind the glove box, just drop it down, and its a little black box with one connector.