Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Yea it does have a drone sometimes in sport.. I don't mind that it plays through the speakers, I kinda like it
Hopefully ill get used too it. Its not to unatural of a sound. My mind just doesnt like the fact the sound is coming from the speakers instead of the engine bay.
Sponsored

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Hopefully ill get used too it. Its not to unatural of a sound. My mind just doesnt like the fact the sound is coming from the speakers instead of the engine bay.
Haha, if only Honda played the actual engine bay sound through the speakers that would've been better

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I hate fake piped in sounds almost as much as fake boobs. It's just so... FAKE. :confused:
I blame it on the damn 80's. Synthesized music, synthesized people, paisley shirts and out of this world hair styles. Gag me with a spoon....

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
As someone who just purchased a 2020. I did notice that the sound was louder vs the 19 I test drove. Based on what I have read on other topics regarding aftermarket sub installs, would this audio "piping" have an impact on adding said sub? I really don't mind the extra noise but if it will directly affect the sub performance I may look into disabling it somehow.
I'm going to ASSUME that it's piped through the tweeters, but I could be wrong. I highly doubt that they're using the sub to pipe any noise in, so you should be alright if you use the factory sub wiring for an additional sub. Now if Honda is using the front speakers and you tap into those wires, you could potentially have issues.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm going to ASSUME that it's piped through the tweeters, but I could be wrong. I highly doubt that they're using the sub to pipe any noise in, so you should be alright if you use the factory sub wiring for an additional sub. Now if Honda is using the front speakers and you tap into those wires, you could potentially have issues.
Definately coming from the tweeters. I feel like its coming from the doors some, as well. Ill investigate tomorrow.

No engine sounds coming from the rear speakers at all as far as i can tell

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Definately coming from the tweeters. I feel like its coming from the doors some, as well. Ill investigate tomorrow.

No engine sounds coming from the rear speakers at all as far as i can tell
I agree, the sound is mostly coming from the tweaters. Let us know if you hear some through the speakers

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Daaaaang shoulda tweaked the system to make the speakers play some NASCAR exhaust noises for our Si lmao

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone mentioned the audible shift indicator that is only active when you are not in sport mode? :dunno:

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Has anyone mentioned the audible shift indicator that is only active when you are not in sport mode? :dunno:
In sport or regular the car will actually beep at/ around red line to avoid over revving

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Thankfully, you can turn that off! :)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In sport or regular the car will actually beep at/ around red line to avoid over revving
I had someone tell me this feature was not enabled in sport mode. Didn't make much sense to me at the time but he was pretty sure about it.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I had someone tell me this feature was not enabled in sport mode. Didn't make much sense to me at the time but he was pretty sure about it.
Hmm, when I get close to red line I'm usually in sport mode and I hear it

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree, the sound is mostly coming from the tweaters. Let us know if you hear some through the speakers
Its coming from both tweeters, the front dash speaker and both door speakers. Most pronounced through the tweeter and dash speaker. But the noise definatly comes out of all front five to some degree. You can feel the vibrations with your hands, from the engine noise, as you rise through the rev range.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Daaaaang shoulda tweaked the system to make the speakers play some NASCAR exhaust noises for our Si lmao
I think you can actually do this. Vehicle Virgins on youtube did this as a prank to his mom’s car. It was pretty cool

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I haven't used Sport mode yet in my Si but I will say my Fiesta has what they call the 'Sound Symposer' and I am a fan! It's subtle enough that it doesn't sound artificial but the decibels gradually increase as you near redline - pleasant yet satisfying. I don't have any desire to swap out exhausts on a 4 banger these days and am happy with what they are pushing out straight from the factory.
Sponsored