2020 Si has Simulated Exhaust Sound??

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
I watched a review the other day and I heard that the 2020 Si uses simulated exhaust sound to augment the real sound. Ugh! I joked with friends about the Kia Stinger when I heard that car did this. Now Honda is doing the same. I think it is crazy. So I wonder if the 2020 Type R will do the same.
Sponsored

cafecito820

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe this is just semantics, but they're not using sound "simulation", per se - as in, it's not fake. They're using the actual exhaust sound, just making it more audible in the cabin.

At least, that's the way I understood it.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Maybe this is just semantics, but they're not using sound "simulation", per se - as in, it's not fake. They're using the actual exhaust sound, just making it more audible in the cabin.

At least, that's the way I understood it.
True, but their making it more audible in the cabin through the radio speakers.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
True, but their making it more audible in the cabin through the radio speakers.
Because from factory the exhaust tone is nearly nonexistent. Before I was catless I could not tell what RPM i was at / when to downshift.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Because from factory the exhaust tone is nearly nonexistent. Before I was catless I could not tell what RPM i was at / when to downshift.
True, but after 70,000 miles of "break-in" and installing a slightly stiffer Rear Motor Mount (65) if find the amount of "motor" noise just perfect.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Other 2020 owners can "pipe in" (no pun intended!), but I think from what I understand it's when you are in sports mode. That still sucks. Even if it's piped in from the exhaust it would still be artificial. I drove in my co-workers IS 300 F Sport, and they do the same thing, they pipe in the exhaust sound when he goes hard on the throttle and it's annoying

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Yes it is true. When in sport mode the engine and or exhaust sound play through the speakers. Its not super over powering, but it makes the car sounds much more like a honda on the inside and "race car" like.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Yes it is true. When in sport mode the engine and or exhaust sound play through the speakers. Its not super over powering, but it makes the car sounds much more like a honda on the inside and "race car" like.
I agree its not too overpowering. But there is a very audible drone on the highway at 3k in sport mode.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Other 2020 owners can "pipe in" (no pun intended!), but I think from what I understand it's when you are in sports mode. That still sucks. Even if it's piped in from the exhaust it would still be artificial. I drove in my co-workers IS 300 F Sport, and they do the same thing, they pipe in the exhaust sound when he goes hard on the throttle and it's annoying
You are correct. It only seems to pipe in sound in sport mode.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
"70.K miles"
It'd be great to hear from some higher mileage owners about reliability of the 10th generation Si's.
Are you still on the original clutch?
Any problems with the car in 70.K miles?
Thanks,

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
"70.K miles"
It'd be great to hear from some higher mileage owners about reliability of the 10th generation Si's.
Are you still on the original clutch?
Any problems with the car in 70.K miles?
Thanks,
Thats not what this op posted about. There are other threads discussing this. Not polite to hijack someones thread

Blkonblk10gsi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
As someone who just purchased a 2020. I did notice that the sound was louder vs the 19 I test drove. Based on what I have read on other topics regarding aftermarket sub installs, would this audio "piping" have an impact on adding said sub? I really don't mind the extra noise but if it will directly affect the sub performance I may look into disabling it somehow.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I agree its not too overpowering. But there is a very audible drone on the highway at 3k in sport mode.
Yea it does have a drone sometimes in sport.. I don't mind that it plays through the speakers, I kinda like it

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I hate fake piped in sounds almost as much as fake boobs. It's just so... FAKE. :confused:
Sponsored