First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered the rear lip from one of my local honda dealerships yesterday. Supposedly gonna be available for pickup today. I showed the parts guy the part number on my phone on hondaautomotiveparts.com, and he goes, "how much is it from that website with shipping, bc I can price match online prices with shipping included." Told him they were gouging for shipping costs, so that's why I came in to order it. Finisher should be at my house tomorrow, at least that's what my fedex tracking number says. Install, maybe Wednesday/Thursday

That said, PSA: show your local dealership the online price after shipping, they might be able to price match and (usually) get it a LOT quicker than shipping to you. Worst they can say is ,"no, we can't," but you won't know unless you ask.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys just go local itll cost $100 total and then just ask for like 20% off.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
I know this is technically for the diffuser, but I am trying to decide if I want to try to add the optional rear hatchback wing to my new car from the factory. Or if you all think it's easy enough (and possibly cheaper) to just avoid haggling for the wing during the initial sale, and just purchase a painted wing after buying the car and then installing with a friend who is capable?

Basically, is the rear wing assembly pretty easy for a relative noob to install after the fact?

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ended up getting the small piece online $17 total, damn $10 shipping and they stuck it in a box three times bigger than needed. Sub $100 in total so not bad.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Rear Diffuser C86033FE-04EC-4FE1-8253-1F1303F0543F

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this is technically for the diffuser, but I am trying to decide if I want to try to add the optional rear hatchback wing to my new car from the factory. Or if you all think it's easy enough (and possibly cheaper) to just avoid haggling for the wing during the initial sale, and just purchase a painted wing after buying the car and then installing with a friend who is capable?

Basically, is the rear wing assembly pretty easy for a relative noob to install after the fact?
If you’re talking about the upper hatch wing above the window it’s relatively easy I’ve heard.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
If you’re talking about the upper hatch wing above the window it’s relatively easy I’ve heard.
Yes that's the one I'm trying to get thank you. The prices for a painted one aren't too bad and would be cool if I could just do it after the car purchase.

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I got the new 2020 hatchback rear diffuser installed a few weeks ago and it looks good! I did not remove the bumper to install it. It was a bit difficult but it didn't take more than an hour to install. If you do not remove the bumper, you cannot install the two tabs in the center but it still holds up without it. I've been driving it around and it is still tight and secured to the bumper.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Rear Diffuser civic1

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Rear Diffuser civic2

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Rear Diffuser civic3

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Rear Diffuser civic4

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Rear Diffuser civic5

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the new 2020 hatchback rear diffuser installed a few weeks ago and it looks good! I did not remove the bumper to install it. It was a bit difficult but it didn't take more than an hour to install. If you do not remove the bumper, you cannot install the two tabs in the center but it still holds up without it. I've been driving it around and it is still tight and secured to the bumper.

civic1.png

civic2.png

civic3.png

civic4.png

civic5.png
Looks good! I was gonna do the same -- install the garnish without removing the rear bumper. Then I found out that the rear bumper was really, really easy to take off. I could've had it done in 15 minutes, start to finish, including taking the bumper off, if I didn't take my time cleaning all the crap that was in the rear bumper.

Slightly off topic, which type-r wing is that?

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looks good! I was gonna do the same -- install the garnish without removing the rear bumper. Then I found out that the rear bumper was really, really easy to take off. I could've had it done in 15 minutes, start to finish, including taking the bumper off, if I didn't take my time cleaning all the crap that was in the rear bumper.

Slightly off topic, which type-r wing is that?
Thank you! I bought the type-r wing from Abs Dynamics Outlet which is Abs Dynamics ebay store I believe. It came to order painted so I didn't need to get it painted myself.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you! I bought the type-r wing from Abs Dynamics Outlet which is Abs Dynamics ebay store I believe. It came to order painted so I didn't need to get it painted myself.
Thanks, I've been eyeing the ABS dynamics wing for a minute now, and those angles are what I needed to see :thumbsup:

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks, I've been eyeing the ABS dynamics wing for a minute now, and those angles are what I needed to see :thumbsup:
You're welcome! Glad I can help! :) Oh and going back to the diffuser with the removing rear bumper method. I kept hearing how easy it is to do it by removing the bumper and as much as I want to when doing the installation, I cannot do it. The reason for that is because I have the LED Sequential lights installed where the rear red reflector used to be. Since I've wired in those lights, removing the bumper will be a problem.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
With the bumper on, you can still get the 2 clips in the middle installed. If you managed to get them off, putting them back in us actually easier. But as you said, it’s secure as is.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

civic1.png

civic2.png

civic3.png

civic4.png

civic5.png
SO. FIRE. Absolutely love your ride. May or may not be due to how similar mine is :lol:

What did you use for the red, 1/4" or 1/2" pinstripe? I have a white hatch with the 2020 diffuser and I can't decide on red or white to do the bottom stripe around the car. Another member here has a blacked out hatch with white pinstriping instead of the red, but I'm not sure it would look as good on white. I have some 1/4" red sitting around but I was thinking of maybe doing the interior dash trim, I saw someone do that and it came out pretty good.

Also what are those side decals? They look sweet! I've been considering the red trim they came out with that goes in the same spot but it's like $200... ouch. I just like having something down there to break up all the white of the door panels.

And one last thing, how were the LED reflector conversions to do? I want to have the back end be super visible when braking so I have the flasher module on the way for the middle light and then they make black and red Honda emblems where the back one wires to your brake light and lights up red. With all that and then the LED reflector upgrade, it should help prevent someone from slamming into me in bumper to bumper traffic or at least stop riding my ass. I've actually seen someone come to a stop at a red light and the person behind them just SLAM right into them doing like 30. At night. With no inclement weather.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What did you use for the red, 1/4" or 1/2" pinstripe? I have a white hatch with the 2020 diffuser and I can't decide on red or white to do the bottom stripe around the car. Another member here has a blacked out hatch with white pinstriping instead of the red, but I'm not sure it would look as good on white. I have some 1/4" red sitting around but I was thinking of maybe doing the interior dash trim, I saw someone do that and it came out pretty good.
I'm not OP, but looks like he used the same stuff (or very similar) as I did. I used a $4 roll of 1/4" red pinstriping vinyl from AutoZone. I think 1/2" would be overkill

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
SO. FIRE. Absolutely love your ride. May or may not be due to how similar mine is :lol:

Also what are those side decals? They look sweet! I've been considering the red trim they came out with that goes in the same spot but it's like $200... ouch. I just like having something down there to break up all the white of the door panels.

And one last thing, how were the LED reflector conversions to do? I want to have the back end be super visible when braking so I have the flasher module on the way for the middle light and then they make black and red Honda emblems where the back one wires to your brake light and lights up red. With all that and then the LED reflector upgrade, it should help prevent someone from slamming into me in bumper to bumper traffic or at least stop riding my ass. I've actually seen someone come to a stop at a red light and the person behind them just SLAM right into them doing like 30. At night. With no inclement weather.
I used those Prostripe Red Pinstriping Tape from AutoZone or O'Reilly. They are 1/4 and 1/8. I used the 1/8 on the wing and 1/4 on the diffuser. I think red looks better on a white civic in my opinion. I've also used the 1/4 pinstripe inside to outline the dash and some parts of the doors and it looks good. The side decals I got on eBay. Just search for Racing Stripe Decals on eBay and eventually you'll find one that looks like mine for about $10. The LED reflector conversions isn't too difficult. There are several YouTube videos showing how to remove the panel and wire it in. The lights look very nice during the day and night.
Sponsored