2020 Civic Type R Price Announced at $36,995 (a $695 Increase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
@Harlaquin You should do your Homework right. The US-Version DOES come with nav screen and air conditioning, only the EU and JDM spec doesnt have it.
So most of them don't except one market and its still 2021 not 2020 like some are saying. Thanks for being insulting though.
Sponsored

omalleyman

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R
Country flag
So most of them don't except one market and its still 2021 not 2020 like some are saying. Thanks for being insulting though.
Production is limited to 1000 units and the US is getting 600/1000. So actually, most of them do.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Now you think you'll find one at that price? Especially the blue or yellow. Can bet 40k or more
I think you'll be able to find most 2020's for MSRP, I can see blue maybe getting marked up at first, but eventually settling back down (like Sonic Grey did). Yellow is a different story since it's a super limited run and is going to get gouged to hell.

None of that information makes it any less funny that someone was trying to act like they had confirmation that MSRP was making that big of a jump. I could see that $40k mark being MSRP for the limited model though.

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Am I reading this right? Adaptive Cruise on a manual? I've never seen this before!
Adaptive just slows or speeds up and is entended for highway. With the mid range power it’s not hard for the car to fluctuate 20 mph on highway speeds. Interested in how it would handle hard braking though.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can’t see a huge loss of value. And it’s all about supply and demand. If all current owners start selling theirs then yes definitely a depreciation quicker. But I’m sure the 5k-10k ADM will be more common and be for awhile. And sincerely how many here would sell theirs too get a new one? I just picked mine up and feel she’s truly awesome and am I really going to feel a huge difference in the car being it’s more suspension refinement over anything else besides creature comforts? The HP hasn’t changed and yes if she had a 50 HP plus bump then yeah that’s a big carrot dangling to possibly change up . At the end of the day I feel it’s really great Honda is continuing to refine the Type R brand that only reinforces the true value and world wide fixation on Honda’s excellence to be constantly better than anyone else.
What Honda did is much more admirable than what Toyota did with the 21 Supra. Man it must suck to know if you waited you could’ve gotten a 47hp boost...I’m sure you could still get the power bump on a 2020, it’s just the question of would Toyota owner it warranty wise if something went wrong?

m@TR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R [CW]
Country flag
I’ll keep my 2019 without all of the nanny features and piped fake audio. I can upgrade the rotors on my own anytime in the future as they’re considered normal wear and tear. Radiator should be a straight easy swap on the mod list.

You can bet there will be even more of a dealer markup due to the changes creating churn.

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
A lot added for a good price. I'm still feeling indifferent about having buyers remorse for getting my 19. On one side I paid less than MSRP, which was the goal. On the other, I really like some of the changes, mostly exterior and interior. I can really care less about the ASC, Honda Sensing, and data logging. I like the idea of the 2021. I may trade in for that when the time comes. Only time will tell.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
The Phoenix yellow will be limited to 600 coming to the U.S. so we can imagine that pricing will be a lot higher.
600 is more than enough to fill demand for such a hideous colour. People who pay over MSRP are victims of their own stupidity.

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
This pricing is great news for anyone looking to get into a CTR for the first time. Quit hating, ladies and gentleman.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
I agree with the Supra. After seeing the 20 changes I love my 18 more and will simply buy the upgraded parts if reviews say it's a positive change. The limited edition car is a bit of an embarrassment. 28 measly pounds and no real carbon fiber.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
granted many think the car looks hideous and it apparently sells.
"Many", ie. the masses. It doesn't sell to the masses. It sells to an extremely niche market. It's a loud design and yellow exaggerates it even more so.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
If it looked hideous as people say , why members keep adding bigger spoilers and and splitters, i think this car if perfect as it is and averything is functional

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
Can’t see a huge loss of value. And it’s all about supply and demand. If all current owners start selling theirs then yes definitely a depreciation quicker. But I’m sure the 5k-10k ADM will be more common and be for awhile. And sincerely how many here would sell theirs too get a new one? I just picked mine up and feel she’s truly awesome and am I really going to feel a huge difference in the car being it’s more suspension refinement over anything else besides creature comforts? The HP hasn’t changed and yes if she had a 50 HP plus bump then yeah that’s a big carrot dangling to possibly change up . At the end of the day I feel it’s really great Honda is continuing to refine the Type R brand that only reinforces the true value and world wide fixation on Honda’s excellence to be constantly better than anyone else.
This is a good way of putting it, but being that I bought a MY19 4 months ago, it still stings a bit :(

ale99llamas

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 Rallye Red
Country flag
Unfortunately here in the Bay Area it was hard finding the FK8 at MSRP. Dealers were asking $12k-15k above MSRP.

I paid $4.5k above MSRP. ($5K was my limit).

So we will be seeing these Yellow FK8 at least at $60K here in the Bay Area...

*See attached. This was for a 2019 model in San Jose just a few days ago.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Type R Price Announced at $36,995 (a $695 Increase) 87839158_1055369444841695_1020343758329217024_n
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.