First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 fk8, 2011 Crz, 1996 300zx tt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I recently purchased a 2020 civic si. Most springs do not specifically list as fitting the 2020. I bought the 2017+ whiteline springs. After installing them there was no preload on the spring itself. The spring was loose between the top hat and bottom seat of the shock. I checked to make sure the nut was secured down all the way and it was. I did call and message whiteline and they said that's how their springs are designed and that the weight of the car keeps the springs secure. I'm not into this. That to me is like cutting your springs. My question is...has anyone else had this issue with their si. I have a type r and I have the eibach pro kit on that and it fits perfect. I'm not willing to put springs on my car that have no preload. As you can see the whiteline spring is much shorter. I thought maybe the 2020 is different then previous models but I will get this information this weekend as I have a friend that has a 2018 si that we will compare. More info on the way.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 civic si whiteline springs IMG_20191211_143712
Sponsored

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
ive had springs do that in the past once or twice especially when it was am aggressive drop and it turn out fine. the weight of the car put pressure on them

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I recently purchased a 2020 civic si. Most springs do not specifically list as fitting the 2020. I bought the 2017+ whiteline springs. After installing them there was no preload on the spring itself. The spring was loose between the top hat and bottom seat of the shock. I checked to make sure the nut was secured down all the way and it was. I did call and message whiteline and they said that's how their springs are designed and that the weight of the car keeps the springs secure. I'm not into this. That to me is like cutting your springs. My question is...has anyone else had this issue with their si. I have a type r and I have the eibach pro kit on that and it fits perfect. I'm not willing to put springs on my car that have no preload. As you can see the whiteline spring is much shorter. I thought maybe the 2020 is different then previous models but I will get this information this weekend as I have a friend that has a 2018 si that we will compare. More info on the way.

IMG_20191211_143712.jpg
I just had my whiteline springs installed a week ago by a reputable shop and mechanic. Working with Whiteline was a stressful and challenging experience. Both front coils where shipped different height and different geometry. I asked Whiteline about them and they told me not to worry about it. They wouldn’t provide a technical reason. I asked them do I cut the bump stops and they said only the back. Then my mechanic call them again and they changed their story to only the front. My mechanic said they printing on the springs was put on upsside down. He had to install them with the printing facing down. He called Whiteline and they said the printing must go up, but they would fit that way. After they were installed the rears dropped 19mm each and front had barely any drop at all, 3mm and 7mm. The fronts have slowly settled after a week in the front, but quite uneven. I will post photos tomorrow of the drop. They are quite stiff and a quite a difference in drop, I suspect more than the advertised 20mm. I am going to drive them a few hundred miles and then recheck the drop. If I don’t have trust in them at that point and they are still uneven I am going to swap them out. Live and learn. But if you are looking for sound technical rationale from Whiteline, I don’t know if you will ever get that. It’s good to trust your gut. I took a gamble with mine and I will treat it as a lesson learned if I have a problem. Maybe others never had problems with their Whiteline springs but maybe they are not all off the same manufacturing line or maybe I am just paranoid. But trusting your gut is a good thing.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I forgot to mention I have a 2019. Mechanic didn’t say anything about preload. If it was an issue he would have told me for sure, because he explained everything else thoroughly including how he installed with printing upside down. Good luck

OP
OP
springfieldfk8
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I forgot to mention I have a 2019. Mechanic didn’t say anything about preload. If it was an issue he would have told me for sure, because he explained everything else thoroughly including how he installed with printing upside down. Good luck

Thanks man. My gut tells me to return them and get eibach so I'm pretty sure I'm going to do that. I really appreciate the reply.

OP
OP
springfieldfk8
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And I noticed my printing was upside down as well and there is no way to install them with the writing so you can read it

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reviving old thread, does anyone still have their whiteline springs installed? I have them installed on my sport hatch for almost a month now and don't really like how harsh it rides. I think they have the stiffest spring rate compared to all the other brands? Correct me if i'm wrong.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Reviving old thread, does anyone still have their whiteline springs installed? I have them installed on my sport hatch for almost a month now and don't really like how harsh it rides. I think they have the stiffest spring rate compared to all the other brands? Correct me if i'm wrong.
Whiteline spring rates are 4.7 / 5.1 kg/mm
Swift springs are a bit stiffer in the rear only 3.8 / 5.5 kg/mm

Haven't installed the springs myself. Looking to do it over this winter when I finally have some time off. Rode in a few friends cars with them though and honestly if you didnt tell me the car had springs I would have thought it was OEM. The one difference I did notice is the way the car rebounds back up quicker after hitting bumps.

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whiteline spring rates are 4.7 / 5.1 kg/mm
Swift springs are a bit stiffer in the rear only 3.8 / 5.5 kg/mm

Haven't installed the springs myself. Looking to do it over this winter when I finally have some time off. Rode in a few friends cars with them though and honestly if you didnt tell me the car had springs I would have thought it was OEM. The one difference I did notice is the way the car rebounds back up quicker after hitting bumps.
Okay I didn't know swift springs were stiffer. I've ridden in eibach pro-kits and those feel more comfortable.

The rebound part is what i'm talking about, any heavy bump the rebound was too harsh. On flat roads it feels fine

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It just don't seem worth it to go through all of that trouble to hit curbs and have a harsh ride.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Okay I didn't know swift springs were stiffer. I've ridden in eibach pro-kits and those feel more comfortable.

The rebound part is what i'm talking about, any heavy bump the rebound was too harsh. On flat roads it feels fine
Eibach springs are progressive so they offer a variable rate. At least on the Si springs they sell it appears they can be even softer than the OEM ones. That is why they feel more comfortable.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/civic-si-lowering-springs-master-guide.46422/

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Eibach springs are progressive so they offer a variable rate. At least on the Si springs they sell it appears they can be even softer than the OEM ones. That is why they feel more comfortable.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/civic-si-lowering-springs-master-guide.46422/
Are eibach better than stock then or not? I was going to go whiteline but if it’s going to ride harsh I’d avoid them because I live in an area with a ton of bad roads with cracks and potholes. I can see how they are great for the track or smooth roads though.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Are eibach better than stock then or not? I was going to go whiteline but if it’s going to ride harsh I’d avoid them because I live in an area with a ton of bad roads with cracks and potholes. I can see how they are great for the track or smooth roads though.
I'm still on stock Si springs so take my opinion for what it is worth. I'd put Eibach over WL or Swift if you are more concerned about keeping the ride close to stock. If you are looking for ultimate performance and aren't concerned about ride so much then skip the Eibach springs.

When I lower my cars I do it primarily for better performance. The side benefit is the way it looks.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I'm still on stock Si springs so take my opinion for what it is worth. I'd put Eibach over WL or Swift if you are more concerned about keeping the ride close to stock. If you are looking for ultimate performance and aren't concerned about ride so much then skip the Eibach springs.

When I lower my cars I do it primarily for better performance. The side benefit is the way it looks.
I really yes I want it for more performance but if it’s going to be uncomfortable from what people are saying I’d rather just skip the whiteline. Everyone says eibach is close to stock since they are progressive.