2020 Civic Si Reviews Compilation

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
You don't need to know the exact tooth count. If 3 significant digits isn't enough precision for you then your head will explode once you factor in tire expansion at higher speeds.
You claimed that the decimal approximations were not approximations and were exact numbers. I was merely disproving your incorrect claim. I know it's hard to admit to being wrong on the internet, so I'll cut you some slack.

If 0.686 were an exact expression of the gear ratio, it would have to be 343:500.
Sponsored

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2017 Si. Review at the time were on the positive side of middle of the road. Now, with very few changes to the car, reviews are mostly raves.

I think car reviewers should have more courage of their convictions lol.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
Cruising on the interstate today in my 2020, I was going about 73-75 at 3000 RPM.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
I have a 2017 Si. Review at the time were on the positive side of middle of the road. Now, with very few changes to the car, reviews are mostly raves.

I think car reviewers should have more courage of their convictions lol.
I've watched / read a ton of reviews before buying the car. I think the most negative-leaning reviews (e.g. Redline) were lamenting that Honda had gone away from high-revving VTEC towards the turbo engine, losing something special along the way. Three years later, I think that's less of an issue, and reviewers are just looking at how good the car is, rather than what it was.

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I can confirm that 70MPH is 2800rpms in my 2020.

Also I get absolutely no drone at all even cruising at 80-85.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can confirm that 70MPH is 2800rpms in my 2020.

Also I get absolutely no drone at all even cruising at 80-85.
so its like 100 or 200 rpm different not much at all. to make a drastic difference it seems

Reactions: mjh

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not much different than the previous model years... No surprises here.
Honda sensing standard, revised gearing, slightly faster acceleration, decreased fuel economy due to said revised gearing, Led lighting, front fascia update, new black wheels, interior updates such as new seat trim, and red Type R esque red trim... If that's your definition of not much different.. what would surprise you?

Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
Has anyone (in these reviews or elsewhere) published an acceleration test for the 2020? Ideally someone who also tested a prior year 10th gen Si. I still haven't seen anything concrete regarding the impact of the final drive change. I've read some comments along the lines of "it feels a little bit faster" but I'd like to see some actual data, if it exists.
No hard numbers here, but i had a 2019 Si over a few weeks to test it and just bought a 2020 coupe last week. It is definitely quicker in all gears, but as one would expect, the rpms are a little higher also at cruise speeds. Without a track and ideal conditions, its hard to give a number, but definitely a few 10ths of a second off the 2019.

Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
Reading The Drive's review they had the same complaint Alex on Autos did. That new final drive helps with passing power but the high speed highway drone is a bit annoying.
Engine drone is partly due to the engine noise being pumped into the cabin this year, which a lot of people forget about. It does rev about 1-200 more rpms in at same speed in 6th gear over the 2019...not much at all. Personally i think they changed the gear ratios more for the adaptive cruise control than any gains in 0-60 times.

Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
This I can confirm on. Cruising 70 mph im at around 3k. The shorter gearing has it's advantages and disadvantages.. Acceleration is very quick, power band is almost always there in any gear (if not in low RPM ofc)
Which is exactly why I think they changed the ratios for the adaptive cruise control and nit 0-60 times. Less shifting needed for it to slow down and speed up.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
I put LED's in mine for less than $100
You got led headlights for under 100$?? Id like a link so i can start selling them on ebay and making a killing. and im not talking just putting bulbs in regular headlights and blinding everyone. I have a feeling you arent talking about the whole assembly as i was
Sponsored

Last edited: