2020 Civic "Refresh"??

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I'd gladly wait for the 2020 MY if it means getting a Sport HB with a manual and the updated radio that does CarPlay.
My 2019 Sport sedan loaner car had some real nice upgrades over my Sport hatch. Tweeters, Carplay, digital dash, leatherette (?) armrest. They really should add that to the 2020 hatch.
Sponsored

CivicNovice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Country flag
My 2019 Sport sedan loaner car had some real nice upgrades over my Sport hatch. Tweeters, Carplay, digital dash, leatherette (?) armrest. They really should add that to the 2020 hatch.
That's what I'm hoping they do. Trying to decide between the less expensive Jetta S or wait for the 2020 Sport HB and hope it has the CarPlay added. I really like the look of the HB but really want a manual transmission.

Jeiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
That's what I'm hoping they do. Trying to decide between the less expensive Jetta S or wait for the 2020 Sport HB and hope it has the CarPlay added. I really like the look of the HB but really want a manual transmission.
I'd definitely want the 2020 Sport if they do the same changes as the sedan. I probably won't just for variety's sake, might get a Jetta GLI, but if I had to I'd be happy with another Sport hatch.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's unfortunate...I'm hoping the Si would get some big refreshment for 2020 to distinguish themselves from other civic trims.
Note that the Si (Coupe and Sedan) are made in Alliston ON (HCM1),, not Swindon UK.

In fact, what I'm expecting is the arrival of MY2021 11G Sedan in the fall of 2020, with the Coupe (if there is one) and Si following in the the Spring of 2021, then the Hatch and Type R a bit later (Fall 2021?)

Anyway, living in Alliston (HCM1 is the Worldwide Lead Plant for the Civic model), and both my wife and I working for Honda suppliers, we will most likely hear something (or see prototypes) as the model changes come closer...

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When does Honda generally release info on the following years civic?
for mid model refresh anytime now, especially if 2020 gonna hit the lot in Sept/Oct.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
for mid model refresh anytime now, especially if 2020 gonna hit the lot in Sept/Oct.
thanks! waiting on this, possible turbo+awd mazda 3 news, all the while cross shopping a 2017 audi s3 lol such a stark difference in cars lol

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Note that the Si (Coupe and Sedan) are made in Alliston ON (HCM1),, not Swindon UK.

In fact, what I'm expecting is the arrival of MY2021 11G Sedan in the fall of 2020, with the Coupe (if there is one) and Si following in the the Spring of 2021, then the Hatch and Type R a bit later (Fall 2021?)

Anyway, living in Alliston (HCM1 is the Worldwide Lead Plant for the Civic model), and both my wife and I working for Honda suppliers, we will most likely hear something (or see prototypes) as the model changes come closer...
The logic behind your theory is that the hatch and Si have their own separate production schedules. And it's been speculated for some time that the CTR, Si, and hatch will all get an external mid-cycle refresh this year. With Swindon closing in 2021, I'd agree that we have two more years on the current hatch/CTR.

Side note: Honda was rumored to be back at Nurburgring to mitigate the CTR's heatsoak issues, which would explain the unusual lead time with its MMR. If true, we could see new part IDs for the IC and plumbing.

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Plus 2020 (Her name is V)
Country flag
Hi! So I posted this in a different part of the forum where people were talking about the Type R refresh. So I asked the question if anyone knows anything about the Sport Plus 1.5L Hatch which I think is the SI version in europe although we do not get the SI badge :( refresh coming in the fall (November). Because I'm getting mine then (preordered in May), and I was asked by the salesman if I was ready to wait 2 additional months to get the 2020 refreshed version instead of the 2019, from what he said the refresh would be front and rear bumper, some changes to the seats, trim levels update and changes to the infotainment.

So here's what the Type R people told me (and I believe them)... THe 2020 version will be all but identical to the 2019 version and the salesman probably did not have any additional information to what we can find on the internet.

So my other question is -> If there will be a refresh when does Honda post this? Will there be a reveal or somehing like that? Or will the 2020 version just be pushed out to car reviewers and then just released in November?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
My understanding is the Sport Plus is similar to the Hatch Sport Touring here in the US without leather or CVT. Same base 1.5T motor, upped slightly to 182 HP. Sport-style fabrics. But no LSD, bolstered seating or high output 1.5T as found in the Si.
Sponsored