Dis4Damion

First Name
Damion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
What important update did the SI and hatch get last year? a Volume knob wasn't important. There were no cosmetic changes to the Hatch, Si or R, and I cant remember in the history of being in the Honda game where they let a model/trim go 5-6 yrs with no cosmetic updates.
Didn't they add more sound proofing too? I don't know about you, but I feel the revised infotainment system/climate control buttons was enough. The 10th gen Civic has aged well.

The 8th gen Civic went without major cosmetic updates, just a revised steering wheel, slightly different front bumper and amber turn signals lights for the refresh.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didn't they add more sound proofing too? I don't know about you, but I feel the revised infotainment system/climate control buttons was enough. The 10th gen Civic has aged well.
I had not heard of the sound proofing, but its possible. But they will certainly change the front and rear fascia for the upcoming model year. Nothing major but definitely changing the look of the bumpers. Since they brought the Si and hatch sport wheels to the 2.0 sport and borrowed the hdmi exhaust tip, you can look for that to change at a minimum on the 20s.

Zumoney

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica, Honda civic
Country flag
It seems like we might get the civic hatchback touring w 6mt for 2020 here in the US. Has anyone heard about this or can confirm this? :headbang:

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
The 11th Gen will more than likely look much like the 10th Gen. minor changes like a grill would be about all. The engine will more than likely be a 1.4L with the same power ouput and increased thermal efficiency. Toyota and Mazda are Honda’s competitors (albeit Korean car makers), so Honda is staying on course to match the changes in the market in order to remain competitive.
That is the tendency and trend; as the next gen engine has already been benchmarked.

Last edited:

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I wonder if the "C" shaped tail lights will stay, or if they'll choose a more neutral style like the Insight.

Zumoney

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's unfortunate...I'm hoping the Si would get some big refreshment for 2020 to distinguish themselves from other civic trims.

Zumoney

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder if the "C" shaped tail lights will stay, or if they'll choose a more neutral style like the Insight.
They've stayed w the c shape for some time now and I don't see them changing...it's meant to represent "C"ivi"C"

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's unfortunate...I'm hoping the Si would get some big refreshment for 2020 to distinguish themselves from other civic trims.
The Si will get front and rear fascia updates along with a new wheel design and exhaust outlet for MY2020 as its due for its mid cycle refresh.

Logix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
The Si will get front and rear fascia updates along with a new wheel design and exhaust outlet for MY2020 as its due for its mid cycle refresh.
where did you get that info other then temple of vtec? its the only place i can find that claims that.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
where did you get that info other then temple of vtec? its the only place i can find that claims that.
It simple logic, the 2016 sedan and coupe got a refresh in 19. Honda loves to do mid model refreshes every 3 years, have for decades on all models. So it goes to say the Si/hatch that both launched with a 2017 model year, 2020 would be due for a refresh. Bet we see something in the next 45-60 days

Logix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
It simple logic, the 2016 sedan and coupe got a refresh in 19. Honda loves to do mid model refreshes every 3 years, have for decades on all models. So it goes to say the Si/hatch that both launched with a 2017 model year, 2020 would be due for a refresh. Bet we see something in the next 45-60 days
ay that's logic I appreciate :)

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Hatch Sport gets new front and rear bumper blanks or “fake vents” and rear diffuser resembles CTR. SIs might get similar “fake vents”.

CivicNovice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Country flag
I'd gladly wait for the 2020 MY if it means getting a Sport HB with a manual and the updated radio that does CarPlay.
Sponsored