First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't see a huge difference compared to my 2019 Sport Touring on the interior side. Only the dash trim looks a different from the fake carbon fiber.

Differences spotted:
  1. Rims
  2. Front bumper
  3. Rear Bumper
  4. Dash trim
  5. Maybe headlights (can't tell if they look significantly different, it is supposed to have "wider and longer light beams")
I wish my model had the HomeLink, maybe it can be added on.
Interesting to know if there is actually a better infotainment system.

Exterior styling refinements to the 2020 Civic Hatchback lineup include revised styling of the lower bumper fog light housings, which now feature a body-color crossbar. The Honda-signature "wing" grille crossbar is also updated, and the headlights now feature a sporty blackout treatment.

Judging from the pictures, I'm pretty sure they do have some sort of black out treatment to mimic the gun metal housing headlights on previous generations Type R.

I believe they also stop having special Ballena gloss black color on the shroud around the vents.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Hatchback Gets Styling Updates, Tech Upgrades, Manual For Sport Trim 2020-honda-civic-hatchback-sport-touring-014-

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Ill take the piece under the radio so i can have a dedicated up and down button for the fan

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Front vents look good. Rear vents look worse! Not a huge fan of the wheels. I would like the upgraded infotainment (Sport model) and sensing, but none of that is worth trading in a 2018 model. I'm content with what I got. :drive:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I consider the current LED headlights very good. If the new ones are indeed noticeably better, they might be outstanding.

I don’t care for the body color crossbars. They destroy the rough pristine beauty of the fake vents and look tasteless overdone middle class nerdy.

If I had any slightest issue with my 2018 I would consider an upgrade, but as it is perfect, it’s not likely.

erinh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic, 2018 CR-V
Country flag
I showed my wife the new updates and she said she likes the wheels on the 2019 Sport more than the new ones.

The stock radio of the previous sport model is easily swappable with aftermarket which is a plus for me.

I can't afford the sport touring so the LED headlights so no bonus there.

Curious with this upgrade if the dealers will be more apt to offer a deal on the 2019. You guys know Honda and if there's not a change between MYs they aren't willing to budge more than $500 or so to get the previous MY off the lot. At least in my area.

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I consider the current LED headlights very good. If the new ones are indeed noticeably better, they might be outstanding.
The IIHS doesn't.

Based on their tests, the Civic hatchback's LED headlights received the lowest-possible rating of "poor" due to excessive glare and inadequate left curve illumination. The Civic hatchback's competitors including the Corolla hatchback, Mazda 3 hatchback, and Elantra GT have higher-rated headlights.

where the mpg go?
My guess is that it’s partly from the sound insulation...

From the press release: “All Civic Hatchbacks also benefit from additional sound insulation in the floor, trunk, and front and rear fenders.”
Only the Sport and Sport Touring's fuel economy estimates decreased even though all trims received "additional sound insulation" - and the curb weights didn't change so the fuel economy decrease doesn't appear to be due to the additional sound insulation. It could be something as trivial as the wheel design.

Also, navigation disappeared from the EX-L trim.

Last edited:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
The IIHS doesn't.

Based on their tests, the Civic hatchback's LED headlights received the lowest-possible rating of "poor" due to excessive glare and inadequate left curve illumination. The Civic hatchback's competitors including the Corolla hatchback, Mazda 3 hatchback, and Elantra GT have higher-rated headlights.
I know their headlight ratings and I already commented on them on this forum. I still rate the civic LED lights as "very good" both by my experience and the IIHS data (not their "overall" ratings).
Like all "overall" scores, the "overall" headlight ratings by IIHS are quite worthless. There are many factors they evaluate, and their weighing of these factors is based on their idea what the headlights should be, which is different from my idea. The actual hard data they show are the useful information, not the ratings.

For example, based on the IIHS actual data, 2019 BMW 5 LEDs without expensive "lighting package" gets only M (marginal)rating, but looking at actual IIHS data I prefer Honda Civic than BMW 5 headlights.

Many cars in higher than civic price brackets get P. This is because IIHS ratings are focused on the top performing lights and they didn't bother to differentiate on the lower end. So, for example the civic halogens, although much worse than the LEDs (by their data) also get the P. This makes their "overall rating" quite useless except for showing that some luxury cars have pretty good headlights.:rolleyes1:

Quiz: which headlights would you rather have: top or bottom? And what is the IIHS rating of the bottom headlights?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Hatchback Gets Styling Updates, Tech Upgrades, Manual For Sport Trim bTabiAYrfD7QWTVcrk3m9TmENO54t2G4hk9Bv76Iubm_hZZPrDBC3UNGE4CCA?width=764&height=431&cropmode=none

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Hatchback Gets Styling Updates, Tech Upgrades, Manual For Sport Trim a560EQoQCfdwT--iiJkYBEo2zCyqYeR2FDR4dyQRy2elMSOaL7ib-toVWVkVg?width=766&height=430&cropmode=none

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know their headlight ratings and I already commented on them on this forum. I still rate the civic LED lights as "very good" both by my experience and the IIHS data (not their "overall" ratings).
Like all "overall" scores, the "overall" headlight ratings by IIHS are quite worthless. There are many factors they evaluate, and their weighing of these factors is based on their idea what the headlights should be, which is different from my idea. The actual hard data they show are the useful information, not the ratings.

For example, based on the IIHS actual data, 2019 BMW 5 LEDs without expensive "lighting package" gets only M (marginal)rating, but looking at actual IIHS data I prefer Honda Civic than BMW 5 headlights.

Many cars in higher than civic price brackets get P. This is because IIHS ratings are focused on the top performing lights and they didn't bother to differentiate on the lower end. So, for example the civic halogens, although much worse than the LEDs (by their data) also get the P. This makes their "overall rating" quite useless except for showing that some luxury cars have pretty good headlights.:rolleyes1:

Quiz: which headlights would you rather have: top or bottom? And what is the IIHS rating of the bottom headlights?

bTabiAYrfD7QWTVcrk3m9TmENO54t2G4hk9Bv76Iubm_hZZPrDBC3UNGE4CCA?width=764&height=431&cropmode=none.jpg

a560EQoQCfdwT--iiJkYBEo2zCyqYeR2FDR4dyQRy2elMSOaL7ib-toVWVkVg?width=766&height=430&cropmode=none.jpg
IIHS automatically gives a poor rating to headlights they evaluate as having excessive glare, no matter how bright they are. The CivicX LED headlights do produce a lot of glare to oncoming traffic, I get flashed a lot, especially on rural roads that aren't lit. The 2019+ headlights are supposedly redesigned to reduce the glare.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
All the subleties are in essence still the same car, the "10th Gen". When a new model appears the wise choice would be to not obtain it until in its 3rd year of production; so you get all the fixes.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, I now want to trade my 17 for the 20. I just looked at the Honda website and they now have LED fogs stock as well.

GaFooB

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster N PP
Country flag
I noticed there is now a "Maps" button on the infotainment. The rear diffuser where the exhaust sits looks different and I don't like that so much. Honda's website says the door handles are chrome? what?? I see no chrome door handles (thank god). Also, the fog lights CAN be upgraded to the LED's, but that's an additional $250 according to Honda's website.

Personally, I don't like the new wheels or new vents. It's kind of a let down to me seeing this 2020 model, especially since the car only comes in three colors, White, Sonic Gray, and Black. All three colors I don't jive with. I want the polished metal. It's really nice that it offers a 6 speed MT though. I like the '19 Sport's infotainment much more for its simple design. The AA/ACP features are cool, but not necessary as long as I can get blue tooth audio. I've lived with maps on my phone for years and it won't hurt me to miss out on that feature grabbing the '19 sport. There is also the debate in my mind of the Si since there is room for performance improvements on that thing. The hatches look so damn good though. The day they make the Si Hatchback would be a blessed day, but we all know that won't happen considering it would compete against the Type R and they would lose sales on other models.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Hatchback Gets Styling Updates, Tech Upgrades, Manual For Sport Trim Capture.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Hatchback Gets Styling Updates, Tech Upgrades, Manual For Sport Trim Capture.2PNG.PNG