2020 Civic Hatchback Gets Styling Updates, Tech Upgrades, Manual For Sport Trim

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
these updates always make me a little pissed. the whole reason i got a ex instead of the sport for example was due to the fact that the sport had virtually no features, they were an LX with an exhaust. now they've made them an ex minus a moonroof but with the exhaust. Glad honda doesn't give 2 shits about the money i spent with them.
Sponsored

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
these updates always make me a little pissed. the whole reason i got a ex instead of the sport for example was due to the fact that the sport had virtually no features, they were an LX with an exhaust. now they've made them an ex minus a moonroof but with the exhaust. Glad honda doesn't give 2 shits about the money i spent with them.
The EX also has heated seats with power driver seat, dual zone climate, power side mirrors, LaneWatch camera and an upgraded sound system compared to the Sport. Still has way more creature comforts over the Sport, which is it's aim. The Sport got CarPlay because it's coming out on more models and Honda needed to spread the feature to lower trims to stay competitive.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
The EX also has heated seats with power driver seat, dual zone climate, power side mirrors, LaneWatch camera and an upgraded sound system compared to the Sport. Still has way more creature comforts over the Sport, which is it's aim. The Sport got CarPlay because it's coming out on more models and Honda needed to spread the feature to lower trims to stay competitive.
Not the 2018. It’s drivers seat is manual and the sound system is definitely only upgraded on the sport touring of that year. Plus I have a rubber steering wheel.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
In the UK, there is a hatch with pano/glass sunroof.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Hatchback Gets Styling Updates, Tech Upgrades, Manual For Sport Trim 622D52C1-E9B1-452E-9CEC-0B32E934E3D3

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Australia has this front visor

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Hatchback Gets Styling Updates, Tech Upgrades, Manual For Sport Trim 41658969-3F9B-448D-9224-13E7A74D89E8

CHondaCVC19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
This year's changes build on model year 2019 (MY19) changes, which included the addition of the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive systems as standard equipment on all trims, and multiple usability updates.

Any one have any Idea where I can find a list of those usability updates? Thanks!

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I guess the Hatchback Sport in the US is different from what we get in Canada. I have a sunroof, heated seats, android auto, dual climate, power driver seat, power side mirrors and lane watch. My model is the step down from the Sport Touring which honestly makes more sense than having the Sport, 2 models in between and then Sport Touring.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
I guess the Hatchback Sport in the US is different from what we get in Canada. I have a sunroof, heated seats, android auto, dual climate, power driver seat, power side mirrors and lane watch. My model is the step down from the Sport Touring which honestly makes more sense than having the Sport, 2 models in between and then Sport Touring.
Actually, in Canada, there was only ever 3 models of the hatch and all of them were somehow different than in the US. The fourth hatch in Canada is the CTR.

And just to mess with the two neighbors, Sport, on the sedan is definitely not at all the same trim. Sport in Canada sits below the Touring for both the hatch and the sedan. Sport in the US is cut down.

And I don't think, unless you ordered a DX sedan, a single Civic in Canada came with less than the full 7 inch android head unit with support for AA and ACP. And I mean even back in 2016.

So weird to treat two virtually identical markets so incredibly different.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Actually, in Canada, there was only ever 3 models of the hatch and all of them were somehow different than in the US. The fourth hatch in Canada is the CTR.

And just to mess with the two neighbors, Sport, on the sedan is definitely not at all the same trim. Sport in Canada sits below the Touring for both the hatch and the sedan. Sport in the US is cut down.

And I don't think, unless you ordered a DX sedan, a single Civic in Canada came with less than the full 7 inch android head unit with support for AA and ACP. And I mean even back in 2016.

So weird to treat two virtually identical markets so incredibly different.
A friend bought the EX sedan back in 2018. Same head unit but like you said with out the ACP and AA.

I won't complain because I enjoy the features. But it would also be nice to have more option for those who can't afford the jump. To me the Sport Touring was not worth the upgrade. The leather feels kinda cheap, the stereo is honestly not that much of an upgrade. I can buy a 10" compact Sub and get better sound than the stock unit. And I don't really need wireless charging or chrome accents on a car that should be blacked out.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
A friend bought the EX sedan back in 2018. Same head unit but like you said with out the ACP and AA.

I won't complain because I enjoy the features. But it would also be nice to have more option for those who can't afford the jump. To me the Sport Touring was not worth the upgrade. The leather feels kinda cheap, the stereo is honestly not that much of an upgrade. I can buy a 10" compact Sub and get better sound than the stock unit. And I don't really need wireless charging or chrome accents on a car that should be blacked out.

Ya, they should have offered in both sedan and hatch, a trim that had better door and armrest materials but no leather overall. Offered with the full AA/ACP. NO Chrome, save the badges (Color matched to the color of the car or just make all the chrome black regardless of color choice). Fogs. Skip the wireless charging (That area is too pissy for getting a phone in and out sideways and without wireless AA/ACP, what is the point). Offer it with both powerplants for the sedan and 1.5T only for the hatch. Power seats are not a showstopper for me but adjustable lumbar would be nice regardless of power or not.

The Canadian EX-T sedan that was available for 2016 to 2018 was super close to this. It is the trim I SHOULD have got. Still had all the chrome and the less than perfect door card and center armrest cloth material. The current Canadian Sport Sedan is almost the same but they dropped to the 2.0NA. But they did get rid of a lot of chrome on it.
Sponsored