2020 Civic Additions backwards compatible with older Model?

woodysrounup

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 4dr
Country flag
Hello everyone,

Just finally caught the specs and changes to the 2020 trim of the Si. Seems everything offered here should have been present on the initial 2016 10th gen refresh but what do I know. I was wondering, would I be able to get Honda to at least change out my basic Halo lights for the LED light casings that come standard on the 2020? Anyone have any experience with this? I know I could go after market, but I would assume the light housing would virtually be plug and play but I don't know the intricacies of the lighting so that is why I ask.
Sponsored

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Hello everyone,

Just finally caught the specs and changes to the 2020 trim of the Si. Seems everything offered here should have been present on the initial 2016 10th gen refresh but what do I know. I was wondering, would I be able to get Honda to at least change out my basic Halo lights for the LED light casings that come standard on the 2020? Anyone have any experience with this? I know I could go after market, but I would assume the light housing would virtually be plug and play but I don't know the intricacies of the lighting so that is why I ask.
Front vents and headlights are. You'd probably want to get a set of used OEM touring LED headlights from a highly rated seller though. Otherwise the swap is going to cost $1600 to 2,000. Not really worth it at that price.
Rims are the same fit.

OP
OP
woodysrounup

woodysrounup

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 4dr
Country flag
Front vents and headlights are. You'd probably want to get a set of used OEM touring LED headlights from a highly rated seller though. Otherwise the swap is going to cost $1600 to 2,000. Not really worth it at that price.
Rims are the same fit.
Any seller in particular you'd recommend?

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Wait for someone to swap for an aftermarket set then sell them here on the members classifieds.

abracadaniel_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe pwp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From what I know the harness is a little different for those LED headlights on the touring and new SI, the aftermarket ones will come with a new harness to really make it plug and play, much simpler and cheaper than retrofitting the touring oem headlights on. I wonder if the interior pieces would just swap over, like the 2019 + audio units w/ volume knob. but im sure every cosmetic piece will swap over, its just the electronics that are the real question.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
From what I know the harness is a little different for those LED headlights on the touring and new SI, the aftermarket ones will come with a new harness to really make it plug and play, much simpler and cheaper than retrofitting the touring oem headlights on. I wonder if the interior pieces would just swap over, like the 2019 + audio units w/ volume knob. but im sure every cosmetic piece will swap over, its just the electronics that are the real question.
Yes you'll have to get the adapter. I believe it's around $80. I'm wondering if the engine sound tech is transferable?

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Yes you'll have to get the adapter. I believe it's around $80. I'm wondering if the engine sound tech is transferable?
What is the sound tech? I don't think it's like the sound induction tube my previous two cars had, seems like this is more electronic.
Sponsored