2020 Boost Blue Pearl CTR

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
Dunno how they calculated those numbers...but let me set things straight here:

1. It starts here (Belgium, also a EU market as the UK) at 22k euro's. Thats around 24K USD. So thats almost 10K difference from the numbers I read in that article.

2. Downsizing! The 1.0 is the equivalent of the older 1.8NA engines, it has even higher torque output.
1.0 might sound tiny, but a 1.5 engine isnt big as well. Its in that perspective you must see these new turbo downsized engines.

3. The 1.0 engines spec numbers might seem dull on paper, in reality, the car has descent useful pep in real world traffic.
Many reviewers have already been surprised by the little engine in real world driving situations.

4. Europe is strict in terms of high capacity, high fuel consuming, high power, high everything engines.
The lower the specs etc, the cheaper the taxes to drive a car over here.
Again, its in this context these engines are popular in Europe.
And seeing the specs, 126hp actually very descent for such a small capacity 3 cil. engine.
It can even be chiptuned to150ish hp...

All that said, for only 1 cil extra and 500cc more, the total package of the 1.5 engine is still very interesting for fiscal heavy Europe and I personally would still buy the 1.5 over the 1.0.

But as impressive the 1.5 is, so is the 1.0 engine.
But if you live in a country like the US, it makes no sence to even offer such a small capacity engine with 126hp....
Hello from Luxembourg
While I agree with your post, I still think the tuning potential of a larger NA engine is far greater. The small turbocharged engines are stretched to the limit.
Speaking about taxes, if I'm not mistaken the yearly tax in BE for a CTR is about 700 euros.
In Netherlands it's far worse. If I remember the new price for a CTR is like 60k instead of 40k normally.
A life full of exhausting work without even driving a proper car you like. Only sh#$ econoboxes.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello from Luxembourg
While I agree with your post, I still think the tuning potential of a larger NA engine is far greater. The small turbocharged engines are stretched to the limit.
Speaking about taxes, if I'm not mistaken the yearly tax in BE for a CTR is about 700 euros.
In Netherlands it's far worse. If I remember the new price for a CTR is like 60k instead of 40k normally.
A life full of exhausting work without even driving a proper car you like. Only sh#$ econoboxes.
I can only agree too with every word you said.

And Holland, is infamous for its road tax... high fines.... and their special tax in new cars wich makes buying a new car differ so much from the msrp sticker price.

But at least they have very nice silly smooth roads lol.

chutyper

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Type R
Country flag
Chutyper here... mine is a 2018 CW Type r wrapped with Vvivid Gloss Smurf Blue.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello from Luxembourg
Speaking of tax, in Hong Kong, we paid 100% tax on top of car price.
For instance, a MSRP$40k car, we paid $80k for it.. gasoline is also 100% tax.
Now i am in canada and paid 13% only

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Not to go off topic, but from what I understand a car in HK is considered a luxury, correct? But I certainly also hope that salaries on average are higher than CAN/US, because those prices are nuts.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not surprised, I believe its the same or worse in Singapore.

Reason explained belowed...

Not to go off topic, but from what I understand a car in HK is considered a luxury, correct? But I certainly also hope that salaries on average are higher than CAN/US, because those prices are nuts.
And the reason is simple, to push people away from owning and this driving car.
Why? small and densed populated areas are more prone to air polution than areas such as "The United States".
Dont forget, Hong Kong and Singapore are probaply the most densed areas on earth...

Imagine everybody riding high consuming, high co2 emitting, high everything in such a highly populated and small area? You get the clue.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, HK has zero tax on everything except luxury / unncessary goods such as tobacco, alcohol, cosmetics, car, gasoline, etc.

And No, salary in HK for general employee is lower than USA. And real estate in HK is insanely expensive. I think HK and Toyko are both known to have most expensive real estate price on earth.

Mario_Kart

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328d Touring, BMW M4 GTS, Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You're not 100% correct.. Just like any businesses. The manufactures (Honda Canada) pays duties when importing cars into Canada and it's already structured into the MSRP.